• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

Lovelorn #17 (September, 1951) presents a great opportunity for anyone that wants to compare the art of Archie artist Sam Cooper with the art of his older brother, DC artist Paul Cooper. Both of their art in this issue isn’t too drastically different from each other, though Paul Cooper tended to be more detailed in drawing plants and general outside scenes than how his younger brother drew them.

G8tH8cM.jpg

Equ0FDJ.jpg

Source: CB+

1 hour ago, EyelessZombie said:

I’m not sure of the actual rarity outside of the low count on the census but a pretty cool book using basically nothing but primary colors.

6DD221BA-4871-46F4-8867-8039058AA5B9.thumb.jpeg.b13364d10e1d3251141f2b22b0340434.jpeg

Great book, congrat’s! :applause:

18 minutes ago, szav said:

This book looked familiar...so I bought it and entombed it to keep it from falling apart.

image.png.2a81bae029fbdfc4fbdec99734ce2199.png

That's a nice one! Some cool painted covers on those Ace Romance books (previously used on their Pulp magazines). 

Great pick up (thumbsu

17 hours ago, szav said:

This book looked familiar...so I bought it and entombed it to keep it from falling apart.

image.png.2a81bae029fbdfc4fbdec99734ce2199.png

16 hours ago, sagii said:

That's a nice one! Some cool painted covers on those Ace Romance books (previously used on their Pulp magazines). 

Great pick up (thumbsu

Did you see the DTA copy of the pulp version on feebay?  I didn't like it nearly as much as this comic version.  Bizarre.  It's the same cover art (different title), but something about it bothered me.

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Did you see the DTA copy of the pulp version on feebay?  I didn't like it nearly as much as this comic version.  Bizarre.  It's the same cover art (different title), but something about it bothered me.

Not bizarre 

I prefer the comic book versions on these Ace romance covers to the pulp forms myself.