• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,486 posts in this topic

I find romance books to be tough in high grade for most have been read to death.:smile: If the women that collected most of these books treated their men the same way they had an early death lol

1 hour ago, Changer said:

I bought this a couple years ago and haven't seen another one for sale

0804200222051.jpg

Many years ago, I was collecting annuals and giants big time. Issues like this were no big deal. I ended up with most of the Baker ones but never saw this one for sale any where.

43 minutes ago, sagii said:

Those Comic Media digest sized comics on CC this week :golfclap:

Congrats if anyone here picked any of them (or all of them :D) up 

Those were pretty impressive.  I really wanted the COL 2, but just couldn't push it more than I did (and I pushed it pretty good).

1 minute ago, buttock said:

Those were pretty impressive.  I really wanted the COL 2, but just couldn't push it more than I did (and I pushed it pretty good).

Yeah, those do not come around often (especially 3 in the same auction!!). 

Those digests were quite something.  $4K each for the Honeymoons.

I'm actually even more surprised at the My Love Life #7 6.5 for $802, flabbergasted at the First Romance #1 9.8 going for $2,050, and the Movie Love #8 9.0 going for $1,261 - that's beyond shocking.

I know compared to what's going on out there these numbers are chump change - but in my world...it's real money.

55 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I'm actually even more surprised at the My Love Life #7 6.5 for $802, flabbergasted at the First Romance #1 9.8 going for $2,050, and the Movie Love #8 9.0 going for $1,261 - that's beyond shocking.

I know compared to what's going on out there these numbers are chump change - but in my world...it's real money.

I was going to bid on the First Romance 1 and Movie Love 8, but...well, the only thing I can say is...

:whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

Those digests were quite something.  $4K each for the Honeymoons.

The First Romance 1 is a pretty special book.  CGC 9.8 1st edition with white pages, bright white cover and a File Copy from 1949.  The next highest graded is an 8.5 File Copy.

No pun intended but is is always nice to see Romance titles getting a little love...

5 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Movie Love #8 9.0 going for $1,261 - that's beyond shocking.

That's a photo cover! :whatthe:

11 hours ago, sagii said:

Yeah, those do not come around often (especially 3 in the same auction!!). 

To be fair, that's the first time in over 20 years that I've seen a COL 2 for sale and the second time I've seen a HR 2.  So I wasn't surprised they went crazy.  Only disappointed that I didn't get one of them.  But I've learned that I've never got a shortage of great books to buy, so overpaying by leaps and bounds just doesn't make sense.  

41 minutes ago, buttock said:

To be fair, that's the first time in over 20 years that I've seen a COL 2 for sale and the second time I've seen a HR 2.  So I wasn't surprised they went crazy.  Only disappointed that I didn't get one of them.  But I've learned that I've never got a shortage of great books to buy, so overpaying by leaps and bounds just doesn't make sense.  

..but can you wait another 20 years? :baiting: