• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

OK this is the one I was referring to earlier. I've been studying this cover for weeks, and by now I'm 67% certain this is Norma Jeane Mortenson, before her transformation. What say you, Men of the Book?

ThrillingRomances22fc100_zpsac6e4991.jpg

I want to say yes...but it is kinda hard to tell.but, you maybe right. on a scale of 1 to 5, i'd say a four that its early MM

Of course, Ace had many winners too. Beautiful tone on this one - the image, the coloring. Home run.

GlamorousRomances67fc100_zps69f36bf8.jpg

Now that is nice. You are right. the tones just give it a moody tone. The girl aint too bad either!

But really, Quality was simply that. They set the bar.

FlamingLove03fc100_zps13eef996.jpg

I think they had the hot girl thing down cold, lol. Just some nice stuff, with an array of different tones by each publisher. You have an exhibit worthy collection my friend! Take a bow :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

OK this is the one I was referring to earlier. I've been studying this cover for weeks, and by now I'm 67% certain this is Norma Jeane Mortenson, before her transformation. What say you, Men of the Book?

ThrillingRomances22fc100_zpsac6e4991.jpg

As much as I would love to agree with you, and simultaneously discover a third comic with my favorite girl on the cover, I'm quite convinced it's not her. I wish I could offer an insightful explanation for this opinion, but alas, it's just my immediate gut reaction upon seeing the cover for the first time.

I've seen many, many early photos of Norma Jeane Mortenson, and there's just something intangible about the girl on the comic cover that lacks Norma's magic.

If you're serious about discovering the truth, I suggest you do a Google search. If the photo exists, and it's Norma Jeane, you're bound to find it, and then I'll eat my VF Cinderella Love 25.

147432.jpg.505676fbbf124485a00229df472d51b2.jpg

This book slays me. Sagii, it's great having you around the Romance room. I know you've made yourself at home in the other threads as well.

We need to talk about this "bidding" thing, though... (tsk)

HollywoodDiary03fc100_zps53910bd4.jpg

NICE!!! Its great being here, yeah, i'm being accepted slowly but surely into the other threads. Cant believe i waited so long to join. yes, the bidding thing needs some work. Chalk it up to the heat of battle

yes, the bidding thing needs some work. Chalk it up to the heat of battle

No problem, noob. I'll tell you what. Just run that list of books you're going to bid on by me, and if I don't need them...well, son, mazel tov and run those babies up to the sky! GPA away!!

(Just kidding, Sagii. Kind of. :baiting:)