• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

Wait -- what are the other two? I know about Teen-Age Diary... What's the other one?

Sweethearts 119

I think I remember seeing this and thinking -there is something to those photo covers.

Indeed. Some go Cuckoo for CoCo Puffs, Me-hee for Yoo-hoo, Girls Gone Wild crazy for this cover. But it's not for everyone.

BTW, if that 'Love Mystery' was on either eBay or HA Sunday auction I believe fairly recently, YOU outbid me good Dr.

Wasn't me, Sagii. Got the set at the San Diego Con in 2004. But don't worry. Give me a little time, and I'll outsnipe you on something else, I figger.

I'm sure you will lol. This thread is on FIRE, glad to see all the romantic splendor being displayed here( hope that came out right). Great post about how you amassed your peerless collection btw.

Haven't seen one of these actually shown here, so here is a copy of this book - with the top of the cover missing. The seller was kind enough to provide a color copy of the complete cover...

147470.jpg.61066f7301f0335eaa476224e2180acf.jpg

147471.jpg.611ba1616dde0002bd520488ecd416e8.jpg

Haven't seen one of these actually shown here, so here is a copy of this book - with the top of the cover missing. The seller was kind enough to provide a color copy of the complete cover...

Here we go again- To be (Baker), or not to be (Baker).

nice to see in ANY grade! (thumbs u

Here's half of my romance collection (picked up the Bakers in the Heritage auction).

Teen-AgeTemptations2_zps27c833c9.jpg

CinderellaLove28_zps905528cb.jpg

PopularTeenagersSecretsoflove152_zps0effbf35.jpg

Three great books. The two Bakers are among my favorites of his covers.

Here's half of my romance collection (picked up the Bakers in the Heritage auction).

Teen-AgeTemptations2_zps27c833c9.jpg

CinderellaLove28_zps905528cb.jpg

PopularTeenagersSecretsoflove152_zps0effbf35.jpg

Agreed- all three are great choices. The TAT not just for the quality of Baker's work, but the total sleaziness, as the guy is clearly drawn to look at least twice the girl's age. Even the title "Teen-Age Temptations" has an undeniable jailbait quality to it.

The Cinderella Love cover clearly shows a "Cinderella" scenario, and for the PTSoL, how can you not love a Cole "snow" cover.

Agreed- all three are great choices. The TAT not just for the quality of Baker's work, but the total sleaziness, as the guy is clearly drawn to look at least twice the girl's age. Even the title "Teen-Age Temptations" has an undeniable jailbait quality to it.

The Cinderella Love cover clearly shows a "Cinderella" scenario, and for the PTSoL, how can you not love a Cole "snow" cover.

Thanks guys.

I wonder if the girl in the TAT is a high school or college student?

It could be an innocent situation though. The man could be her father and he's just carrying his daughter home after she twisted her ankle in the parade. That's probably what Baker really intended. lol

Thanks guys.

I wonder if the girl in the TAT is a high school or college student?

It could be an innocent situation though. The man could be her father and he's just carrying his daughter home after she twisted her ankle in the parade. That's probably what Baker really intended. lol

Undoubtedly, that's it. :D

I've never been sure whether Baker had trouble drawing teens or whether he (or St John) decided that, given the frequent compromising situations and suggestive dialog on the covers, they should avoid showing girls who appeared underage. St John had enough problems with distribution as it was!

Here she is again, on Girls' Romances 2. Who IS this woman? Anyone have a clue? I swear she's all over the place on romance photo covers.
eagle eyes! With out the flashing smile, you can almost miss her on Girls Romances(but the dimples are there).

Here she is again, on Girls' Romances 2. Who IS this woman? Anyone have a clue? I swear she's all over the place on romance photo covers.
eagle eyes! Without the flashing smile, you can almost miss her on Girls Romances(but the dimples are there).

She's a looker, that's for sure.