• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

Duke is on the job!

If Blackwell also did early shoots with Marilyn and if you manage to find material on him, maybe it would be possible to resolve the issue of whether Marilyn appeared on any covers other than TDS 6. hm

Duke is on the job!

If Blackwell also did early shoots with Marilyn and if you manage to find material on him, maybe it would be possible to resolve the issue of whether Marilyn appeared on any covers other than TDS 6. hm

Great idea, Sqeggy. But, one actress at a time, how about? This isn't going to be easy. (Of course, if you'd like to take on the Marilyn project, yourself... )

Duke is on the job!

Great idea, Sqeggy. But, one actress at a time, how about? This isn't going to be easy. (Of course, if you'd like to take on the Marilyn project, yourself... )

No, no! I'm sooo much better at suggesting work for others to do than doing it myself. :D

Duke is on the job!

No, no! I'm sooo much better at suggesting work for others to do than doing it myself. :D

That's exactly how Communism got started.

Duke is on the job!

lol

Duke is on the job!

And middle management.

Alice Ann Kelley FILMOGRAPHY

Including television appearances

---------------------------------------------

June Bride

(Boo's Girlfriend at Wedding)

A Date with Judy

(Girl)

The Silver Theatre (TV Show)

The Bigelow Theatre (TV Show)

Buckaroo Sheriff of Texas

(Betty)

Son of Ali Baba

(Calu)

Francis Goes to West Point

(Cynthia Daniels)

Against All Flags

(Princess Patma)

Take Me to Town

(Heroine in Show)

Walking My Baby Back Home

(Secretary)

The Golden Blade

(Handmaiden)

The Glass Web

(Waitress)

Ma and Pa Kettle on Vacation

(Stewardess)

Ma and Pa Kettle at Home

(Sally Maddocks)

--------------------------

BTW, Miss Kelley's very first film, June Bride (1948) will be airing on the TCM network on Friday, June 6th at 3:15 PM Central. Check your local listings.

Edited by 29dukedog

Posted this one just a few days ago, but in honor of the occasion, what the heck! :D

866c824f-0cac-4634-9789-ce6640b07150_zps74d3f5b2.jpg

This is second highest graded. Does a boardie own the 8.0?

Where are we on confirming any other Marilyn comic covers? I think others have been proposed, but I'm not sure if there was a positive consensus on any. hm

Posted this one just a few days ago, but in honor of the occasion, what the heck! :D

866c824f-0cac-4634-9789-ce6640b07150_zps74d3f5b2.jpg

This is second highest graded. Does a boardie own the 8.0?

Where are we on confirming any other Marilyn comic covers? I think others have been proposed, but I'm not sure if there was a positive consensus on any. hm

(thumbs u

Wasn't planning on posting this one today, myself, but I'm glad you did!

I'm currently working on the "Alice Kelley Project", which incorporates the "Carlyle Blackwell Jr. Project". It may be a while before I can get to the proposed "Marilyn Monroe Project". (Whew.)

Speaking of Alice, this may be my favorite cover of hers.

1135335011a_zps39a8918a.jpg

Did we also already flag this one as hers? (Not only am I too lazy to do my own research, I'm too lazy to even check after other people have done research!)

1135336005a_zps99109348.jpg

Note how CGC missed the boat on labeling these books as having Baker art -- two stories each, in fact.

Here's another contender. What do you guys think? Is it Miss Kelley?

I think it is possible this is a different model who is very similar to Alice Kelley.

I forget which book you're talking about. I'll have to go back and find the original post... (that's the problem with "attachments". They don't get passed along in a quotation post!)

Back to the Marilyn show...

She did a series of "Polka Dot bikini" photos as promotionial material for the film, "Love Nest" (1951), in which she appears in the same bikini. This is probably the best of the batch...

MM012_zpsef1bc7c8.jpg

Re: Teen-Age Romances 4: Yes, I do believe that's Miss Kelley, but I have serious doubts about TAR 6 being her.

I had been assuming they were the same model, perhaps from the same photo shoot. But looking at them closely, I can some differences, particularly with respect to the eyebrows. The TAR 6 model is also missing a mole, although perhaps that was airbrushed out. Of course, the eyebrows could also have been retouched. hm