• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,492 posts in this topic

Although the funds were running very low (sorry CC auction!), I couldn't pass up this one.

5dddc382-4685-4555-94a2-6a559c8b6744_zpsn6yxrkr1.jpg

Love that one (thumbs u

harley's got the

He really isn't too picky about what he eats.

ipso facto fatso

You guys is sooo bad!

Harley's great. Of course, he's quite good at ferreting out what he considers underpriced books from other dealers. So you can up end buying a book that a few hours before was in another dealer's inventory at a significantly lower price.

I certainly don't begrudge him that, though, because he does come up with the books. He's also got a prodigious memory (no elephant jokes! (tsk) ) for people, books, and stuff that's happened during his time in the hobby.

If I were running a show (or if I were a dealer setting up at a show), I would love his being there (I know, I know, just try keeping him away!) because I think he brings people in. Maybe particularly now that he no longer lists on eBay.

I wasn't sure I could make the show and then wasn't sure I wanted to trudge over on another bone-chilling day, but seeing Harley again and seeing what new stuff he had was the decider for me.

What better name for a Romance Comic than the immortal words "I LOVE YOU"?!

(Hmmm, is this Colletta?).

JIchU5s.jpg

...it sure looks like it.....what year ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....yep, right after the Atlas "implosion" when the entire Atlas staff except Stan Lee were sent packing...... GOD BLESS...

JIchU5s.jpg

...it sure looks like it.....what year ? GOD BLESS...

I'm not completely sure. Seems considerably weaker than his Atlas romance covers. Also I think he usually signed his covers (although maybe there was a Charlton house policy against that). hm

It could have been inked by a house artist...... I'm not sure what went on with Colletta between 1957 and 1965..... I think I vaguely recall an Alter Ego article.... I'll have to investigate. GOD BLESS...

JIchU5s.jpg

Kind of looks the same as this artist, who I'm pretty sure isn't Colletta.

T2eC16VyMFIcv1K1BSN5tVHY60_57_zps4063aad7.jpg

This cover was a swipe of Baker's Teen-Age Romances 43 cover.

Ok, I guess I am not so sure either ...

Here is I think a Joe Simon cover. Love the fantasy-image-in-water concept and execution.

iZ8UTkX.jpg

That's a great book. Seems kind of uncharacteristic of Simon, though.

I have to say that my accuracy rate in IDing artists ain't all that great. For a while there I kept thinking I was finding unknown Bakers. I actually wasn't! :D