• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

I still kick myself for not going over $120 on a higher grade looking copy in the early days of ebay. I had no idea how scarce it was or what it was worth, and was the underbidder. In cases like that I just tell myself the winner was willing to go much higher. I don't really look for oddball romance much, but still have a few books and wouldn't mind having a copy, even though the contents are reprints, as the line drawn (Baker?) cover is so cool. As it's a genre I don't really like spending money on, I guess that ship has sailed.

What is this about?

Proper phone use. Bobby gets hep to the fact that irresponsible party lining can kill, as surely as a bullet to the brain. A public safety promo from Bell Telephone, 1946. I kid you not. And that's not even way out there for a promo!

Yes, very strong price for the condition, but a true rarity and highly coveted.

Strong like bull. Cover detached and split, tape. Sagii, maybe you and I should chip in so we can buy a Fair someday! RJ, I've been waiting for a higher grade affordable copy so long I think that ship sailed and circumnavigated the globe like 15 times already. Oh well - add it to the list. And the Baker yes/no debate on that cover is ready to trigger a bar fight, always, at the drop of a hat.

What is this about?

Proper phone use. Bobby gets hep to the fact that irresponsible party lining can kill, as surely as a bullet to the brain. A public safety promo from Bell Telephone, 1946. I kid you not. And that's not even way out there for a promo!

Yes, very strong price for the condition, but a true rarity and highly coveted.

Strong like bull. Cover detached and split, tape. Sagii, maybe you and I should chip in so we can buy a Fair someday! RJ, I've been waiting for a higher grade affordable copy so long I think that ship sailed and circumnavigated the globe like 15 times already. Oh well - add it to the list. And the Baker yes/no debate on that cover is ready to trigger a bar fight, always, at the drop of a hat.

And here I was hoping you'd been the winning bidder. ;)

As for the Hep promo - it's groovy!

I put in an early bid on the NR 4, but I just wasn't willing to go higher on a such a beat copy. Congrats, though, to the winner because at least you now have a copy.

I make a home for comics banished to the Island of Misfit Toys. aka romance and...promos!

fireandblastf100_zps7841985d.jpg

What is this, the romo and promo thread? The promance thread? Get those promos over to the promo thread where they belong and I'll post something you've never seen... ;)

Strong results for keys lately. Real strong.

Popular Teen-Agers #15 8.5 W highest grade $1201

Romantic Adventures #50 6.0 $1480

Daring Love #1 raw 2.0 $500

Negro Romances #4 raw 1.8 $533

While rising keys don't necessarily trickle down, what's also true is there aint no rising seas if not led by the keys.

Beautiful copy of a beautiful book! One of my top 10 painted covers, for sure. I'm pretty sure it was taken from one of the Ace earlier Ten-Story Love pulps, which started in 1937 and titled as such because they had, well, 10 stories!

There were only two painted covers in the Ten-Story Love comic title, the first and second issues. Other Ace titles had many more in the run. I wonder two things about the Ace comic line: whether all the comic painted covers were reprinted from their pulps, and who the artists were.

I haven't done any postings to speak of on Ace here, but something tells me that's about to change. It'll be your fault, Jack! :baiting: