• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, damonwad said:

That #26 is a great one. The guy even has the orange "L.B. Cole" tan.

I posted this one a couple years ago but it's the only other one I have in the series. First issue of the title.

599ce5acdddda_GirlConfessions13x.thumb.JPG.a6b1dbf34c6fda553e59b1e9f216f5aa.JPG

signed Everett story inside the #13, very few of those, mighty collectible, Chris.  The #26 is super red hot now, that's a nice copy, Rick.

+1 Corey, Hartley's work during this period is exquisite, the height of his artistic powers, imho.  In just a few short years his teenage books like Patsy would show a dramatic difference in style.

I think Steranko once said that romance was the hardest subject matter to draw, at least draw well. 

Cool selections. That Young Romance photo cover is destined to become a classic. And the TAT could be a APC cover for sure. Already a classic. I'm going to be in strategy meetings all day at work, but i'm squeezing this in as i head out the door (but i'll 'sneak' peeks at my phone whenever possible as more Cromance is posted). This one originally attracted me for the Clown in the background (i'm building a subset). But appreciated it for more the more i looked at the detail in the womans dress and the irony of the title blazed across the scene: Loves got nothing to do with it 

Boy Loves Girl #29.jpg

3 hours ago, sagii said:

Cool selections. That Young Romance photo cover is destined to become a classic. And the TAT could be a APC cover for sure. Already a classic. I'm going to be in strategy meetings all day at work, but i'm squeezing this in as i head out the door (but i'll 'sneak' peeks at my phone whenever possible as more Cromance is posted). This one originally attracted me for the Clown in the background (i'm building a subset). But appreciated it for more the more i looked at the detail in the womans dress and the irony of the title blazed across the scene: Loves got nothing to do with it 

Boy Loves Girl #29.jpg

Cool cover and perfect for the title since it's definitely  not girl loves boy.

Ron!  You'll get a kick out of this one.

Summer of Love 1967.  This book, 1968.  To me, it kicks off Charlton's romance Bronze Age, a little ahead of the guys in tights.

Gotta respect the Charlton Connecticut Crew, the only place weird Steve Ditko felt somewhat at home.

SummerLove%2048fc_zps9p52jypa.jpg