• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,487 posts in this topic

I book I never heard of went for big money last night CLink auction

I use to own a copy. Sold it here on the boards. Those Atlas/Seaboard and Marvel gothic romance magazines from that early 70's era are extremely tough.

I haven't really been following them. I like the cover on this one and threw in a bid, but was easily blown out of the water.

Happy to have found this at a show today:

162469a1-2a2b-4bcd-9528-8a82aa5544c3_zpscqxyrl51.jpg

Nice. Not an easy book. The copies I've seen tend to have bad cases of St John staining, but this copy has just a bit of it.

I think it's one of the least characteristic Baker covers. As Dr. Love has pointed out, it's also one of only four times he shows tear drops on a cover.

Steve, do you mind telling us where the show was and how much you had to cough up for the book? I'm just amazed you found a Baker cover in L.A. with all the show prowling Robotman does... :o

I was there too.

I felt sorry for him so I left him some scraps. He did get that killer Action #36 Larson so I didn't feel too bad for him...