• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,492 posts in this topic

thanks, thats the last Charlton (Sweethearts) I needed, and the girl's face to me looks like some Baker, Was he in the house there that early?

Edited by fett

So...this book showed up on ebay and went 6 or 7 days without a bid. Now, it's up again at the same starting bid and same BIN price. I know some of you saw it, and I know that my problem with the price of the book is the crease down the middle, as well as the fact you cannot enlarge the photo and the pics are out of focus. What do the rest of you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOVELORN-52-I-SOLD-MY-BABY-/181884427922?

Edited by tricolorbrian

So...this book showed up on ebay and went 6 or 7 days without a bid. Now, it's up again at the same starting bid and same BIN price. I know some of you saw it, and I know that my problem with the price of the book is the crease down the middle, as well as the fact you cannot enlarge the photo and the pics are out of focus. What do the rest of you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOVELORN-52-I-SOLD-MY-BABY-/181884427922?

I think what you think. It's a great book, but that sub crease is tough. I think this may be the third time he's listed it with the same opening bid/BIN combo.

Pretty obscure, but kind of a nice Giordano cover.

lf_zpsyirtuxba.jpg

Very nice, very nice. Now you're getting down to it - Charlton had hidden gems. Giordano has a substantial body of work. In this case, he swiped it from himself when he was at the top of his artistic game, in 1959. I find his approach to this subject perfect. Wonderfully nuanced, without a lot of drama. You could go through a zillion artists rendering their interpretation of how to draw a couple getting this news and it wouldn't necessarily look like this.

And...who is the note to? Him...or her?

SecretsofLoveandMarriage11fc100_zpsc25cefb1.jpg

Pretty obscure, but kind of a nice Giordano cover.

lf_zpsyirtuxba.jpg

Very nice, very nice. Now you're getting down to it - Charlton had hidden gems. Giordano has a substantial body of work. In this case, he swiped it from himself when he was at the top of his artistic game, in 1959. I find his approach to this subject perfect. Wonderfully nuanced, without a lot of drama. You could go through a zillion artists rendering their interpretation of how to draw a couple getting this news and it wouldn't necessarily look like this.

And...who is the note to? Him...or her?

SecretsofLoveandMarriage11fc100_zpsc25cefb1.jpg

Holy cow! What an encyclopedic knowledge of these books you have.

The one, the only, DR. LOVE!! (worship)

Even more obscure: The UK edition :o

lf_zpsjgcws7hs.jpg

Yeh I like this a lot too, good pickups! There was a certain period when the covers got a treatment that had a washed look to them. Adamstrange would know better. The more you look at the Charltons, the more interesting they become. Cover wise, that is.

RomanticStory69fc_zpsrnfzvqfn.jpg

Even more obscure: The UK edition :o

lf_zpsjgcws7hs.jpg

Yeh I like this a lot too, good pickups! There was a certain period when the covers got a treatment that had a washed look to them. Adamstrange would know better. The more you look at the Charltons, the more interesting they become. Cover wise, that is.

Charlton was so cheap you don't know whether they wanted the wash effect or couldn't afford enough pigment for the ink!

Bought on the boards raw as a 7.0 OW

6ebc33fd-7aed-417f-a069-db08fb7fd02f_zpsxfbr09ft.jpg

The word "rare" gets used so often..... but this truly is one bear of a book to turn up. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Bought on the boards raw as a 7.0 OW

6ebc33fd-7aed-417f-a069-db08fb7fd02f_zpsxfbr09ft.jpg

The word "rare" gets used so often..... but this truly is one bear of a book to turn up. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You old undergrader, you. :D