• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,490 posts in this topic

There is a young cowboy, he lives on the range.

His horse and his cattle are his only companions.

He works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons, waiting for summer, his pastures to change.

And as the moon rises he sits by his fire, thinking about women and glasses of beer.

And closing his eyes as the doggies retire, he sings out a song which is soft but it's clear

as if maybe someone could hear...

Goodnight you moon light ladies, rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose, won't you let me go down in my dreams?

And rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

LoveTrails01fc100_zpsacrbs2er.jpg

There is a young cowboy, he lives on the range.

His horse and his cattle are his only companions.

He works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons, waiting for summer, his pastures to change.

And as the moon rises he sits by his fire, thinking about women and glasses of beer.

And closing his eyes as the doggies retire, he sings out a song which is soft but it's clear

as if maybe someone could hear...

Goodnight you moon light ladies, rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose, won't you let me go down in my dreams?

And rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

LoveTrails01fc100_zpsacrbs2er.jpg

:applause:

A bunch of great books again Doc. Some middle of the night James Taylor also. Great stuff.

Here are a couple that go with ones you posted.

WesternLoveTrails9_zpsf7a28f43.jpg

Pioneer%20West%20Romances%204_zpsdlmcota4.jpg

BigBookRomances01fc100_zps3202e93d.jpg

When the Crowleys came to market in 2004, I had the opportunity to buy the whole romance lot (save one) and I jumped on it. It's been my privilege to be a steward for this incredible little slice of comic history. I pledged I wouldn't break it up, and I've kept that pledge. They are now in other, capable hands, where hopefully they will remain intact for future generations to enjoy. The Fawcett Golden Age of Romance, momentos of the Greatest Generation.

And the seasons they go round and round

And the painted ponies go up and down

We're captive on the carousel of time

We can't return we can only look

Behind from where we came

And go round and round and round

In the circle game

If anyone is still interested in Alice Kelley, the last film she ever appeared in, "Ma and Pa Kettle at Home" (1954), will air tonight at 11:30 PM (CST) on the Turner Classic Movies network (TCM).

DimpleDoll002_zpseeaf296e.jpg

I watched this film a couple of years ago and it's actually pretty good. Easily the best of the Kettle films, imo, although that's not saying all that much. :D Most of them verge on the unwatchable.

Has a Christmas scene, which may be why TCM is showing it now. I don't recall seeing AK in it. Might be worth rewatching it just to see if I can spot her.