• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

Great covers guys!

I just picked this one up off ebay last week. I'm over the moon to have it, as it's one of the only copies I've ever seen so it's pretty rare. I may be posting this one in the LB Cole thread too....

s-l1600.jpg

That's a beautiful cover! (thumbs u

Does anyone else find the thermos to be a bit..... suspicious? hm:D

Great covers guys!

I just picked this one up off ebay last week. I'm over the moon to have it, as it's one of the only copies I've ever seen so it's pretty rare. I may be posting this one in the LB Cole thread too....

s-l1600.jpg

That's a great, subdued Cole cover. Nice looking copy too.

Great covers guys!

s-l1600.jpg

That's a beautiful cover! (thumbs u

"Ribbed for her pleasure."

:roflmao:

The "ribbed thermos" is vintage... :insane:

10-16-14-rp_0303-2-sq-web.jpg

HA! I didn't even notice that until now! The colors are always what gets my attention... and the tight fuzzy sweater isn't bad either...

Only 1 more for the run! :D

Great covers guys!

s-l1600.jpg

Very interesting cover. Clearly not the bright, cheery couple out for a picnic on the beach. Quite a haunting depiction.

Great covers guys!

s-l1600.jpg

Very interesting cover. Clearly not the bright, cheery couple out for a picnic on the beach. Quite a haunting depiction.

....I would daresay she just gave him "The News".......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Great covers guys!

s-l1600.jpg

....I would daresay she just gave him "The News".......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:o

yeh that's a real rare book and real nice it looks like too :applause:

only six painted covers in the ACG 254 romance issues, and John Rosenberger signed three of those (Confessions of the Lovelorn 106-108). 106 is fantastic. The three have totally different vibes. I've never come across a painted ACG in nice enough shape to call my own.

Rosenberger would go on to do romance at DC in the 60's.

John Rosenberger also had a good run on the Fly and Jaguar titles at Archie beginning with The Adventures of the Fly 11 which hit newsstands in early 1961. Rosenberger was the artist on the title when I first discovered The Adventures of the Fly at Lamont & Perkins Drug Store in the Wortley Road Village strip of Old South London. As such, he was the one who defined the look of the Fly for me and has always provided my frame of reference. And because warm nostalgia has always been a part of the mix whenever I think of the Fly, I've always been positively predisposed to the artwork on the strip, and therefore toward John Rosenberger's art on the title.

Jan28_zpse4fa132c.jpg

06-08-201182826PM.jpg

30-01-2013102642PM.jpg

02-06-201181947PM.jpg

02-06-201181940PM.jpg

06-08-201182832PM.jpg

30-01-2013102645PM.jpg

30-01-2013102649PM.jpg

30-01-2013102658PM.jpg

30-01-2013102654PM.jpg

01-08-2012122124AM.jpg

01-08-2012122128AM.jpg

01-08-2012122134AM.jpg

30-01-2013102706PM.jpg

30-01-2013102702PM.jpg

Rosenberger's work can't really be called dynamic though. In fact, if anything he has a pleasant, easygoing style that's the exact opposite of dynamic. But it's ideally suited to telling the stories and it just works very well for the Fly. And that's why I like it.

:)