• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,486 posts in this topic

This is also a very positive story, as no doubt there were girls reading it who had been subjected to sexual assault or made bad choices to survive and who felt undeserving of love and a "normal" life, and while I doubt a single comic book story is much of a substitute for therapy, the message that they were still worthy of a loving relationship was one not easy to find in that day.

I read that and I can't help but think that a similar situation happened to someone the writer knew.

This is also a very positive story, as no doubt there were girls reading it who had been subjected to sexual assault or made bad choices to survive and who felt undeserving of love and a "normal" life, and while I doubt a single comic book story is much of a substitute for therapy, the message that they were still worthy of a loving relationship was one not easy to find in that day.

I read that and I can't help but think that a similar situation happened to someone the writer knew.

Good assumption. I don't think this book/story was mentioned in either POP or SOI and no notation in the Overstreet I'm looking at. I noticed the story reading the index at GCD several years ago. How would Wertham have viewed this story? I have never read either book so I was wondering if he would have held it up as a good example of how comics should send a message or if he would have condemned it as not worthy of our youth. Did he handle any comics on a per case basis like that?

anyone here have a copy of this? had never seen it before going through some of the GCD st. johns.

VcEi14.jpg

I have a copy and I think Robot_Man has one. There may be other boardies with copies as well, but it's very tough. I doubt more than 10 copies exist.

anyone here have a copy of this? had never seen it before going through some of the GCD st. johns.

VcEi14.jpg

I have a copy and I think Robot_Man has one. There may be other boardies with copies as well, but it's very tough. I doubt more than 10 copies exist.

Wasn't there a warehouse find of those a few years back? I know I bought 48 copies from a guy at a swapmeet. I sold all of them for $2 each. Made a lot of money... hm:D

Edited by tricolorbrian

VcEi14.jpg

Wasn't there a warehouse find of those a few years back? I know I bought 48 copies from a guy at a swapmeet. I sold all of them for $2 each. Made a lot of money... hm

I'd have given you $2.50! :cry:

VcEi14.jpg

Wasn't there a warehouse find of those a few years back? I know I bought 48 copies from a guy at a swapmeet. I sold all of them for $2 each. Made a lot of money... hm

I'd have given you $2.50! :cry:

Damn! :sorry::tonofbricks: