• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,489 posts in this topic

Fett - fantastic! Great shape, hard to come by.

Don't forget Fred at #25. and a No prize to someone whose got #26.

PictorialLoveStories25fc100_zpse2c91ddc.jpg

Actually I am still looking for 25 and 26. Found a dealer that had them listed but they were long gone. :(

mhp6.jpg

I think someone had this one listed on eBay as an undiscovered Baker cover. It certainly is very suggestive of his work. hm

The foreground figures on the cover of Brides in Love #3 look like they were at least swiped from Baker. Is he known to have done any work for Charlton? I know there's been debate over whether the cover to Negro Romances #4 is his or not.

mhp6.jpg

I think someone had this one listed on eBay as an undiscovered Baker cover. It certainly is very suggestive of his work. hm

The foreground figures on the cover of Brides in Love #3 look like they were at least swiped from Baker. Is he known to have done any work for Charlton? I know there's been debate over whether the cover to Negro Romances #4 is his or not.

A perusal of The Art of Glamour checklist shows these Charltons (some romance and some sci-fi):

Brides in Love 23 (8-page story) This one is listed as a maybe

First Kiss 6 and 7 (covers)

Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds 12, 14, and 15 (one story each)

Outer Space 21 (story)

Out of this World 14 and 15 (one story each)

Romantic Secrets 19 (cover)

Secrets of Young Brides 13 (story)

Strange Suspense Stories 45 and 47 (one story each)

Sweetheart Diary 49 (story)

Tales of the Mysterious Traveler 12 and 13 (one story each)

Unusual Tales 20 (story)

Also Fightin' Marines reprints from the St John series

These were all from the last couple of years of his life; several of them were published posthumously

I think someone's romance collection underwent a major expansion tonight! :foryou:

I picked up a couple of the leavings. Wish I had gone higher on a couple of those Lovelorns. I'm really starting to like that series.

This one I've also wanted for a while for the cover's topic. Piaf came to the U.S. in the early '50's so this is a nice reflection of her popularity States-side. She's still my mom's favorite singer. We danced to one of her songs at my wedding. Call me sentimental ...

Lovers # 33 -

Lovers33_zps23ae776a.jpg

This one is pretty scarce. It's from Marvel(Atlas/ Timely era?). It's 'Loveland #2' (Feb. 1950). And it's the last of what was a two issue run only. No, i don't have no.1(yet). The few Romance titles i do collect are photo covers. I love (no pun intended)the romance photo covers. Enjoy!Loveland2_zps517f8433.jpg