• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

Strange Confessions #1

Overstreet says (Scarce)

Gerber says 6

A straggler I couldn't sell, but now happy to keep :)

StrangeConfessions1fc.jpg

Is there something sexy about those see-through gloves or is it just me? :whistle:

Edited by SNiPER

I do. :grin:Glad i'm not alone. Good catching up with you good Dr.

And you as well, Sagii! Sagii and I are old acquaintances, bound over a comic book, newly found. All comic roads lead to the boards.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers." And sisters of course. The fraternity of romance collectors is small, those who actively collect the photo covers, smaller still. Yet photo covers are a big part of the romance legacy, representing about 1/4 or more of the total romance output of approx 6000 issues. For some publishers it was the sole/chief artistic expression for covers (Fawcett, Famous Funnies, Standard). For others, it played a substantial role in their sales strategy (Ace, DC, Prize, ME, Marvel, Orbit, Quality, Ziff Davis).

Comic lovers are illustration oriented. But romantic images of the Greatest Generation were to a large degree captured photographically. A slice of American life, preserved in four color amber. And to me, always, a reminder of what our parents, my Mom and Dad, might have looked like as twenty-somethings in love.

Although I'm pretty sure my Mom didn't look like this.

Loveland01fc100_zps20164390.jpg

I do. :grin:Glad i'm not alone. Good catching up with you good Dr.

And you as well, Sagii! Sagii and I are old acquaintances, bound over a comic book, newly found. All comic roads lead to the boards.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers." And sisters of course. The fraternity of romance collectors is small, those who actively collect the photo covers, smaller still. Yet photo covers are a big part of the romance legacy, representing about 1/4 or more of the total romance output of approx 6000 issues. For some publishers it was the sole/chief artistic expression for covers (Fawcett, Famous Funnies, Standard). For others, it played a substantial role in their sales strategy (Ace, DC, Prize, ME, Marvel, Orbit, Quality, Ziff Davis).

Comic lovers are illustration oriented. But romantic images of the Greatest Generation were to a large degree captured photographically. A slice of American life, preserved in four color amber. And to me, always, a reminder of what our parents, my Mom and Dad, might have looked like as twenty-somethings in love.

Although I'm pretty sure my Mom didn't look like this.That's a beauty good Dr. Thanks for posting it. It compliments the no.2 I posted last night. Now all of love fandom can see the two issue run together, :grin:

Loveland01fc100_zps20164390.jpg

This seems like the appropriate thread to wish all mothers (and sons and daughters of mothers) a happy Mother's Day! :foryou:

That covers just about everyone!

Even Superman!

(But maybe not Macbeth. hm )

The Colletta cover on this book to me is a masterpiece in composition and color. Very fortunate to acquire this gem from Dr. Love.

Ken

LOVETALES68copy_zpsfe051de6.jpg

That is a beauty. Colletta could draw beautiful faces on his female subjects. Nice acquisition.

This seems like the appropriate thread to wish all mothers (and sons and daughters of mothers) a happy Mother's Day! :foryou:

Even Superman!

Macduff, not Macbeth. doh!

Even Superman!

You mean McGruff?

147217.jpg.ff26c978e402c12dc6d6424b098770d0.jpg

Even Superman!

You mean McGruff?

McGruff didn't have a Mommy? :o