• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,489 posts in this topic

This is probably the one I was thinking of.

ss10-061_1_zpsd4d21357.jpg

Nice copy. Hard to find at all, even in mid grade. No slabs yet. Thinking about it, as I've got #2.

Adventures01fc101_zps628b1744.jpg

Adventures02fc101_zps5a1b94b0.jpg

Nice. As with some other early St Johns, even the correct titles of these books are difficult to figure out.

Just got this from the HA auction. HARD to find. Completed run, when my #2 comes back from grading, i take a group shot! ForbiddenLove4_zpsd7d2b501.jpg

Nice one! I bid on that myself. Glad a boardie won it.

Just got this from the HA auction. HARD to find. Completed run, when my #2 comes back from grading, i take a group shot!

ForbiddenLove4_zpsd7d2b501.jpg

So that was YOU... hm

I begin to see you in a whole new light :headbang: If we ever meet up for dinner, you're picking up the tab buddy

What we need is a romance comic geekfest! :idea:

Just got this from the HA auction. HARD to find. Completed run, when my #2 comes back from grading, i take a group shot!

So that was YOU... hm

I begin to see you in a whole new light :headbang: If we ever meet up for dinner, you're picking up the tab buddy

GeekLoveFest !

So that was YOU... hm

I had a feeling it was maybe you and Sqeggs I was bidding against. As far as lunch, it depends on who's in whose city first. But sure I can do that. Just PM me. Told you I was saving my pennies for that auction :grin:

The auction is closed as far as NYC is concerned. Didn't get an invoice yet, but I believe I snagged both book I wanted(including IMO an undervalued pre code goodie!) On my way to catch Godzilla and then drinks with some friends, but if I did win, will share tonight( or should I wait till it arrives in the mail??) decisions, decisions... . Ok, later guys!

Oh, why did I let you know there was still bidding on Saturday! :cry:

So that was YOU... hm

GeekLoveFest !

Perfect!

Told you I was saving my pennies for that auction :grin:

Whole lotta pennies there, Sagii. And don't look at me...I bailed around $600. If I want to spend more than that on a photocover, I need permission from the Big Boss!

Now are you saying that the #3 7.0 is yours? If true, I'll pick up dinner split the bill cover the tip! (thumbs u

The auction is closed as far as NYC is concerned. Didn't get an invoice yet, but I believe I snagged both book I wanted(including IMO an undervalued pre code goodie!) On my way to catch Godzilla and then drinks with some friends, but if I did win, will share tonight( or should I wait till it arrives in the mail??) decisions, decisions... . Ok, later guys!

Yes you did, kind sir. And i won't forget your generosity!

Whole lotta pennies there, Sagii. And don't look at me...I bailed around $600. If I want to spend more than that on a photocover, I need permission from the Big Boss!

Now are you saying that the #3 7.0 is yours? If true, I'll pick up dinner split the bill cover the tip! (thumbs u

they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I'll answer that question tonight when I get home from work. You're on the west coast so you'll be up :grin:

Yes you did, kind sir. And i won't forget your generosity!

Actually, although I bid on it, it was a more important for you than for me, so I'm glad you won it. :foryou:

Looks like you're covering the tip! It is the ONLY copy(to date)on the CGC census. :grin:And a nice looking one if i say so myself. CGC notes it's a Janet Leigh cover('Psycho' fame, Jaimee Lee's mom, before her shower scene ;) )Just have to get Overstreet to note that little tidbit about the cover. I'm sure you and Sqeggs among others know how tough these books are. Overstreet lists all four issues as scarce, but #3 and #4 are really really tough to come by. Enjoy!ForbiddenLove3_zps8285b54d.jpg

Now I understand those fierce bids on the #4 much much better. I'm guessing you were not going to be denied that book. :headbang:

Well then, in light of your ownership of #3, and therefore the soon to be only slabbed Forbidden Love set :applause: , allow me to ingratiate myself and say...dinner's on me! Did you already have your #1, or was that you clearing the deck on ComicLink last May for that sweeeet 9.0?

With this set, and the Negro Romance set, you are like the Stealth Romance Photocover Guy! Let's see if I can reverse engineer some of your holdings...small defined hard to find sets..unusual covers...I pick Strange Confessions for $200, Alex. But that's easy to guess. Next ones are harder. I say...Mr. Anthony's Love Clinic? and Flaming Love?