• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

I like the artist who did a few of the covers in this run before it moved to all photo covers.  Am I looking in the wrong place or is it possible that not a single copy of any issue in this 34-issue series has ever been graded? hm

2017-08-01-0001_zpshlb2tgit.jpg

6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I like the artist who did a few of the covers in this run before it moved to all photo covers.  Am I looking in the wrong place or is it possible that not a single copy of any issue in this 34-issue series has ever been graded? hm

2017-08-01-0001_zpshlb2tgit.jpg

I really like some of these drawn Ace covers too and this Complete Love is an excellent one. I just double checked the census and can't find any listed either. Very surprising. 

Here's a Love At First Sight with a cover by Alice Kirkpatrick (per GCD). The Complete Love doesn't have a cover artist listed but my limited eye would say it might be Kirkpatrick also. Love to hear other opinions.

598128d77783d_LoveAtFirstSight9.thumb.JPG.c8ae1236b4fa119022d68e8c5cea195b.JPG

18 minutes ago, damonwad said:

I really like some of these drawn Ace covers too and this Complete Love is an excellent one. I just double checked the census and can't find any listed either. Very surprising. 

Here's a Love At First Sight with a cover by Alice Kirkpatrick (per GCD). The Complete Love doesn't have a cover artist listed but my limited eye would say it might be Kirkpatrick also. Love to hear other opinions.

598128d77783d_LoveAtFirstSight9.thumb.JPG.c8ae1236b4fa119022d68e8c5cea195b.JPG

That one is really nice.  First time I can recall seeing it. 

1 hour ago, sagii said:

You're on fire T. Cool books you've been posting!  

Thanks.  Romance books are fun and (for the most part) pretty cheap ... at least for now! :)

11 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Crippen copy. She reminds me a bit of June Allyson. GCD says photo cover, but it's clearly painted.

2017-08-01-0001_zpsy4as9ftp.jpg

Good call - definitely painted. Here's the May 1945 pulp featuring the same painting - one of my favorite romance pulps:

35379635.537861ac.800.jpg

Though this one MAY be my favorite:

35380629.b0554d4b.800.jpg

8 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Good call - definitely painted. Here's the May 1945 pulp featuring the same painting - one of my favorite romance pulps:

35379635.537861ac.800.jpg

Though this one MAY be my favorite:

35380629.b0554d4b.800.jpg

Very pretty cover. You don't see many female aviator covers. This is probably my favorite romance pulp.

pulprangelandromances.jpg

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Very pretty cover. You don't see many female aviator covers. This is probably my favorite romance pulp.

pulprangelandromances.jpg

Nice.  Serious liplock going on there! :)