• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

Occurs to me that Christmas-themed romance covers are pretty scarce.  I don't believe Baker had a single one.  And most other romance publishers also seemed to skip holiday covers, as with this December issue.

lf_zpszjsqe5ah.jpg

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Is this book actually as tough as it appears from this copy being the only one on the census? Too bad CGC missed the Colletta attribution.

lf_zps81xvgwyn.jpg

It could be that Colletta, for some reason, has been labeled as a hack by fandom at large, often overlooked, while long time collectors like us know the truth..... when it comes to the genre books of the 50's, no one was any better. While not as prodigious as his romance work for Atlas and Charlton, his work in the PCH and Crime areas are well worth the effort to seek out. Anyone interested can get a taste by hitting www.atlastales.com and going to the "creators" link, where indexes and examples of the work of hundreds of Atlas contributors, all alphabetized, await the efforts of the diligent. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Is this book actually as tough as it appears from this copy being the only one on the census? Too bad CGC missed the Colletta attribution.

I don't find any Atlas romance books to be particularly easy to find. I am trying to get that same book and am still looking ... While December does not have Christmas theme covers, August does celebrate beach season. (thumbsu

12 hours ago, Scrooge said:

I don't find any Atlas romance books to be particularly easy to find. I am trying to get that same book and am still looking ... While December does not have Christmas theme covers, August does celebrate beach season(thumbsu

Good point!

17 hours ago, Scrooge said:

While December does not have Christmas theme covers...

I am pretty sure those are Christmas lights in the background...

sweethearts82.jpg

36 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

This one is sort of Christmasy...

romantichearts(2nd)5.jpg

May be late for Christmas, given the March cover date. hm

Can't he be wild about them both?  What with at least one of them being a tigress and all ....

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:
39 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

This one is sort of Christmasy...

romantichearts(2nd)5.jpg

May be late for Christmas, given the March cover date. hm

Can't he be wild about them both?  What with at least one of them being a tigress and all ....

David is a dope.