• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,486 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Ron!  You'll get a kick out of this one.

Summer of Love 1967.  This book, 1968.  To me, it kicks off Charlton's romance Bronze Age, a little ahead of the guys in tights.

Gotta respect the Charlton Connecticut Crew, the only place weird Steve Ditko felt somewhat at home.

SummerLove%2048fc_zps9p52jypa.jpg

Thanks Andy. Those 2 were swinging all right. Love how they drew in his leg hair. Might be a first and only in comics.

6 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

shout out to Ryan, who mentioned this title by name in another thread.  I love the big stars covers, they're a blast from a Boomer past!

PersonalLove17fc100_zpsblu1oj72.jpg

:applause:Great selections Doc, one heretore future classic...

Ron!  You'll get a kick out of this one.

Summer of Love 1967.  This book, 1968.  To me, it kicks off Charlton's romance Bronze Age, a little ahead of the guys in tights.

Gotta respect the Charlton Connecticut Crew, the only place weird Steve Ditko felt somewhat at home.

...to another :headbang:

shout out to Ryan, who mentioned this title by name in another thread.  I love the big stars covers, they're a blast from a Boomer past!

PersonalLove17fc100_zpsblu1oj72.jpg

:luhv:

On 9/5/2017 at 1:03 AM, Dr. Love said:

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw - "If you are going to ride my (rear-end) at least pull my hair"

Edited by MrBedrock

On 8/23/2017 at 3:08 AM, 29dukedog said:

Some of the Teen-Age Temptations boarder on "cromance", and a few of those covers would've worked just fine on Authentic Police Cases issues.  

tat8_pb.jpg

One of my favorite Bakers.  My copy's kind of a beater.  Still looking for a nice one. 

17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Quit sellin' stuff! :taptaptap:

I'm short the market, margin calls, I know this trade will work out some year  :cry:

Lots of nice romance coming out to play on HA - that sweet Cole run, lots of raw, keep an eye on that Mainline Kirby, something for everyone.  I'm still a buyer, so watch out!

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

I'm short the market, margin calls, I know this trade will work out some year  :cry:

Lots of nice romance coming out to play on HA - that sweet Cole run, lots of raw, keep an eye on that Mainline Kirby, something for everyone.  I'm still a buyer, so watch out!

Interesting article in the WSJ a couple of days ago on how the black swan funds have been slaughtered.