• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

Now I understand those fierce bids on the #4 much much better. I'm guessing you were not going to be denied that book. :headbang:

Well then, in light of your ownership of #3, and therefore the soon to be only slabbed Forbidden Love set :applause: , allow me to ingratiate myself and say...dinner's on me! Did you already have your #1, or was that you clearing the deck on ComicLink last May for that sweeeet 9.0?

With this set, and the Negro Romance set, you are like the Stealth Romance Photocover Guy! Let's see if I can reverse engineer some of your holdings...small defined hard to find sets..unusual covers...I pick Strange Confessions for $200, Alex. But that's easy to guess. Next ones are harder. I say...Mr. Anthony's Love Clinic? and Flaming Love?

Thank you, yes, now you see why the bidding was so fierce, lol. No, i didn't but the Clink copy(i was thinking of upgrading, but my no. 1 is a better looking than the grade mid grade copy).These series were always the top two on my list as far as my Romance comics collection goes(but those titles you mentioned are on my radar, as well as the Fox giant 'Throbbing Love'. ) I have been focusing on MLJ superhero stuff mostly lately, but when this grail came up in a really sweet grade, yes i made the sacrifice and had to have it. When the 2 comes back, i will take a group shot,and post the books on My Slabbed Comics as well. My under copy of #4, sold to me by Harley Yee as a g/vg(but is a good imo, goes on the Bay soon).

...small defined hard to find sets..unusual covers...I pick Strange Confessions for $200, Alex. But that's easy to guess.

Yup, easy to guess -

StrangeConfessions1_zps737e7388.jpg

I believe we can dismiss all Fawcett photo-cover romances ... is there a single exciting one in that bunch? :shrug:

Thanks for the tip on Love Mystery!! Never knew about that short run. Definitely hot stuff. That's a breath of fresh air to discover a new series ... that I'll never run into at a show. I've never seen ANY of these 3 books :o

And the Marvel My Love set is a must have as well. #2 is one of the rare Hate covers, and black to boot. #3, Big Head Dog Girl, is one of the strange ones. Forbidden Kisses! I Don't Dare Marry! Think about it...do I have to draw you a picture? The #4 is a Bettie Page photo cover, and #1 is...well, 25 years and I'm still waiting for a copy in grade. Or just a copy.

MyLove02fc100_zpsd9a5883c.jpg

MyLove03fc100_zps4b23cae7.jpg

And the Marvel My Love set is a must have as well. #2 is one of the rare Hate covers, and black to boot. #3, Big Head Dog Girl, is one of the strange ones. Forbidden Kisses! I Don't Dare Marry! Think about it...do I have to draw you a picture? The #4 is a Bettie Page photo cover, and #1 is...well, 25 years and I'm still waiting for a copy in grade. Or just a copy.

MyLove02fc100_zpsd9a5883c.jpg

MyLove03fc100_zps4b23cae7.jpg

Those are some KILLER books, good Dr. I consider myself pretty 'savvy' in the romance genre, but you are the man!.....Really loving the hate cover!

Thank you, Scrooge and Sagii. I much appreciate it!

For sheer photocover entertainment, Marvel wins, hands down. For Mom and Apple Pie, Fawcett's the one. I'll dig into the boxes and scan some of their better offerings. But, if nothing else, they've got the sole "Marilyn" cover. That is, Marilyn as Marilyn. Now if it's Norma Jean you're wanting, St. John and our Mr. Sqeggs can help out there. But I think I discovered one more unattributed issue...to follow.

Sweethearts119book_zps8cc74850.jpg

Thank you, Scrooge and Sagii. I much appreciate it!

For sheer photocover entertainment, Marvel wins, hands down. For Mom and Apple Pie, Fawcett's the one. I'll dig into the boxes and scan some of their better offerings. But, if nothing else, they've got the sole "Marilyn" cover. That is, Marilyn as Marilyn. Now if it's Norma Jean you're wanting, St. John and our Mr. Sqeggs can help out there. But I think I discovered one more unattributed issue...to follow.

Sweethearts119book_zps8cc74850.jpg

:golfclap:Ok, you do realize you are now making me add things to my want list...........

That's the point, Sagii! One buyer does not a market make...

and speaking of Janet Leigh

HollywoodSecrets04fc100_zps7c6f4798.jpg

Now that is a gem! I'm used to seeing 'come hither' covers for 'Quality' romance comics. Would you say that is usually the case too?

And I know Scrooge is going to like this one

StrangeConfessions03fc100_zps0fc8f891.jpg

i am off tomorrow. just put on some coffee, lol. WOW! And to think, the crime, horror, and superheroes, to some extent, took all the heat for 'corruptable' content. Looks like romance had its candidates too! This has to be the best thread going tonight!