• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

This one surprised me.  Particularly tough book?  https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/153056854158

Colletta junk in the trunk.  Headlights are one thing, but bodacious romance booty is real hard to come by.  One or two Bakers, and this book.  Still, $400 for this condition is kind of startling, in spite of the genre gaining big legs this year.

4 hours ago, rjpb said:

Click on the word listing in blue.

When I clicked on the link earlier I could see a tiny picture of the comic and a statement "original listing" that I clicked on but didn't take me to the listing.  It took me to a listing of a different atlas romance that was an active auction.

I did an advanced search on the item number but that didn't take me to the original full listing either.

Edited by adamstrange

6 hours ago, adamstrange said:

When I clicked on the link earlier I could see a tiny picture of the comic and a statement "original listing" that I clicked on but didn't take me to the listing.  It took me to a listing of a different atlas romance that was an active auction.

I did an advanced search on the item number but that didn't take me to the original full listing either.

Once you're taken to the redirect page after clicking "original listing" click on "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you." above the image of the current auction book.

That will take you back to the thumbnail image and description page, but this time when you click on "original listing" you will actually get the original listing page.

It's two extra steps, but it will get you there. 

1 hour ago, rjpb said:

Once you're taken to the redirect page after clicking "original listing" click on "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you." above the image of the current auction book.

That will take you back to the thumbnail image and description page, but this time when you click on "original listing" you will actually get the original listing page.

Yeah, I've noticed that change.  Pretty annoying, although I guess sellers can get a little boost from having potential buyers taken to their listing. 

21 hours ago, sagii said:

It is. I thought you may have snagged it. My previous post on it was a playful dig at you  and Rick.

Didn't come anywhere near winning.  I put in what I thought was a decent bid for a mid-grade Colletta Atlas romance book and was startled when I got the eBay e-mail with the hammer price.

17 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Colletta junk in the trunk.  Headlights are one thing, but bodacious romance booty is real hard to come by.  One or two Bakers, and this book.  Still, $400 for this condition is kind of startling, in spite of the genre gaining big legs this year.

I wasn't aware of this book before this auction.  Looks like zero copies on the census -- not too unusual for Colletta Atlas romance, of course.

He just listed ANOTHER copy of this book and it sold for a BIN of $70.00 :$  Seems a little suspicious as same seller and what appears to be the SAME book! 

TIMELY LOVERS # 61 EBAY ITEM # 153070591694

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timely-Lovers-61-Russ-Heath-story-LOW-START-/153070591694?hash=item23a3b7dece%3Ag%3AZ88AAOSwxUtbHS5K&nma=true&si=6hINuU78QDNWisnY4bMM%2B5O0e78%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by eccomic

9 hours ago, rjpb said:

Thanks! That works. 

It probably only works that way now because it's a bug that they'll find and fix. :p

2 hours ago, eccomic said:

He just listed ANOTHER copy of this book and it sold for a BIN of $70.00 :$  Seems a little suspicious as same seller and what appears to be the SAME book! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timely-Lovers-61-Russ-Heath-story-LOW-START-/153070591694?hash=item23a3b7dece%3Ag%3AZ88AAOSwxUtbHS5K&nma=true&si=6hINuU78QDNWisnY4bMM%2B5O0e78%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Does look like the same book to me.  Somethin' funny goin' on. 

8 hours ago, eccomic said:

The same buyer as well, so it must have only been made available to that buyer. Weird. It's a reputable seller, so some sort of strange deal was going down.

3 hours ago, rjpb said:
12 hours ago, eccomic said:

The same buyer as well, so it must have only been made available to that buyer. Weird. It's a reputable seller, so some sort of strange deal was going down.

I'd guess the seller discovered a previously overlooked flaw in the book after the auction, but was able to reach a compromise with the buyer. 

4 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

I'd guess the seller discovered a previously overlooked flaw in the book after the auction, but was able to reach a compromise with the buyer. 

Makes sense, I could see that being the discount for a missing page or coupon clip.

20 hours ago, pmpknface said:

I was just watching a few auctions end on ebay and I just watched this happen.  The seller didn't mention the artist on the WR #12 and neither are in that good of shape, but still this was a bit surprising...

image.png.0016b2404a8bcc52c48bbdbc0552c000.png

Yea.  That's one I need too.  I missed it by minutes because my watch was off.  Also missed the TAR 28 (non-baker painted cover) for $27 the day prior.  Having bad luck lately...

Two strangers on a train, an attractive young woman and a military man. She is glancing his way, catches his attention, and makes a very suggestive hand signal. His eyebrows raise in recognition. All of this is happening as a church passes between them in the distance. Can someone explain the symbolism to me?

loverslane9.jpg