• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,491 posts in this topic

@blazingbob

Just got my package from Blazing Bob..... man, that was fast. Whoever put this collection together had an eye for fresh looking books. Bob's scans are great at showcasing the structure of the books, but the gloss and richness of color on these are really something in hand. I notice a lot of books have sold but he still has a bunch of really nice examples left. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

This one isn't from Bob.... but is one I've found to be uncommon. I would LOVE to see Dr Love's copy of this one. It  came from Dave( Operator 106 ) …. I've been buying books from Dave for years, he was a regular on the show circuit around here when I was younger. His grading is very tight.... this was a 5.0 and is probably as nice as I'll ever get. It's also another Colletta masterpiece. GOD BLESS....

DSCN6896 (2).JPG

12 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

@blazingbob

Just got my package from Blazing Bob..... man, that was fast. Whoever put this collection together had an eye for fresh looking books. Bob's scans are great at showcasing the structure of the books, but the gloss and richness of color on these are really something in hand. I notice a lot of books have sold but he still has a bunch of really nice examples left. GOD BLESS...

I talked to the guy who sold them to Bob at Torpedo Con. Real nice guy. Sadly, I didn't get his name. He did say he kept the best stuff  and was a romance collector.

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

This one isn't from Bob.... but is one I've found to be uncommon. I would LOVE to see Dr Love's copy of this one. It  came from Dave( Operator 106 ) …. I've been buying books from Dave for years, he was a regular on the show circuit around here when I was younger. His grading is very tight.... this was a 5.0 and is probably as nice as I'll ever get. It's also another Colletta masterpiece. GOD BLESS....

DSCN6896 (2).JPG

Don't own one, Jim.  You got to this about a half hour before me, otherwise I'd be the one posting it.  Love this book, been on the lookout for many years.  Keep me in mind if you ever decide to move it out!

49 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I talked to the guy who sold them to Bob at Torpedo Con. Real nice guy. Sadly, I didn't get his name. He did say he kept the best stuff  and was a romance collector.

One of the top romance collectors in the world.  Maybe he'll come into this thread and do a reveal.

8 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

One of the top romance collectors in the world.  Maybe he'll come into this thread and do a reveal.

Yup, I sold Bob the romance books.  I have a "few" romance books in my collection, and I knew I had some duplicates.  I figured, maybe one box of raw and slabs, tops.  I started to look through the collection and one box turned into two...turned into three...and finally into six.  The thought of scanning, pricing and listing them all on the boards...and then packaging and mailing them was, well, not a pleasant thought.  If I could sell them quickly in one deal, I would be open to it.  Plus I had a lot of decent silver, bronze and modern age stuff I also wanted to move.  Nothing spectacular, but decent.  Whoever bought the romance books had to buy the other stuff too.

I talked to one national dealer at Wondercon, and he expressed some interest.  I told him to give me a month or two to finish the list.  After looking over the completed list, national dealer number 1 politely passed, as he was not too keen on the silver, bronze and modern stuff (no real surprise to me).  Then I thought who else has treated me fairly over the years?  Bob and a couple of others came to mind (hint, they were all going to be at San Diego and Torpedo).  

Bob took a look at the list and an e-mail here and a phone call there, we came to an agreement.  Very easy and fair to me and Bob.  I was very happy and I think Bob was too.  

I still have some nicer duplicates.  I didn't sell those, as I misplaced some 5 or 6 LB Cole's.  They are in one of the many boxes in my collection.  I also didn't sell some higher grade dups, as I couldn't decide which was the lower grade copy.  So I kept both until later.

I heard at SDCC that a dealer bought some (or most) of Bob's romance books.  So what you see (or saw) is only part of the book deal he bought.

45 minutes ago, Bumble Kitty said:

:hi:

Howdy Bumble! The nicest boardies turn up all the time at cons. Apparently, I met several at Torpedo without knowing it.

That was a nice Charlton giant with a drive in cover that you got from Ron!

i have never been much of a “love book” guy but these boards have opened up my eyes to a lot of cool ones!

Edited by Robot Man

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Howdy Bumble! The nicest boardies turn up all the time at cons. Apparently, I met several at Torpedo without knowing it.

i have never been much of a “love book” guy but these boards have opened up my eyes to a lot of cool ones!

I started out buying some decent, cheap books.  I read a couple and they were so funny!  I wondered what else was out there, so I picked up a few more...and then the collecting bug for that genre hit me.  

1 hour ago, Bumble Kitty said:

Yup, I sold Bob the romance books.  I have a "few" romance books in my collection, and I knew I had some duplicates.  I figured, maybe one box of raw and slabs, tops.  I started to look through the collection and one box turned into two...turned into three...and finally into six.  The thought of scanning, pricing and listing them all on the boards...and then packaging and mailing them was, well, not a pleasant thought.  If I could sell them quickly in one deal, I would be open to it.  Plus I had a lot of decent silver, bronze and modern age stuff I also wanted to move.  Nothing spectacular, but decent.  Whoever bought the romance books had to buy the other stuff too.

I talked to one national dealer at Wondercon, and he expressed some interest.  I told him to give me a month or two to finish the list.  After looking over the completed list, national dealer number 1 politely passed, as he was not too keen on the silver, bronze and modern stuff (no real surprise to me).  Then I thought who else has treated me fairly over the years?  Bob and a couple of others came to mind (hint, they were all going to be at San Diego and Torpedo).  

Bob took a look at the list and an e-mail here and a phone call there, we came to an agreement.  Very easy and fair to me and Bob.  I was very happy and I think Bob was too.  

I still have some nicer duplicates.  I didn't sell those, as I misplaced some 5 or 6 LB Cole's.  They are in one of the many boxes in my collection.  I also didn't sell some higher grade dups, as I couldn't decide which was the lower grade copy.  So I kept both until later.

I heard at SDCC that a dealer bought some (or most) of Bob's romance books.  So what you see (or saw) is only part of the book deal he bought.

SUPER nice collection. I picked up a little 'something something' from Bob iv'e been chasing for a minute. Lord i salivate wondering what got bought from Bob by this other dealer knowing what he had to offer from you when i logged in on Sunday :ohnoez:

11 hours ago, sagii said:

SUPER nice collection. I picked up a little 'something something' from Bob iv'e been chasing for a minute. Lord i salivate wondering what got bought from Bob by this other dealer knowing what he had to offer from you when i logged in on Sunday :ohnoez:

I'm curious who this other dealer was...…. and it's also a pleasant surprise to know I now own a Bumble Kitty book :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:44 AM, Dr. Love said:

Also, this recently.  Bidding was fierce.  A beautiful Colletta pre-code.

c7268163-a0a7-42de-b4de-10bd7d9acf77_zps

….Love this one.... GOD BLESS....

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

same here …. the Frazetta stuff first caught my eye ….. and I kept seeing this thread surfacing ….. next thing I knew I was a collector of it.  GOD BLESS.....