• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,490 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

There is the theory that Wayne developed cancer as a result of being exposed to radioactive fallout from the filming of the Conqueror on location in Utah.  Apparently a number of actors in the cast of that film also died from cancer.  I don't how plausible that theory is. 

I have heard that one too.

1 minute ago, sagii said:
3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

There is the theory that Wayne developed cancer as a result of being exposed to radioactive fallout from the filming of the Conqueror on location in Utah.  Apparently a number of actors in the cast of that film also died from cancer.  I don't how plausible that theory is. 

I have heard that one too.

To add insult to injury, it's a crappy movie!

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

That and 4 packs a day.

12 hours ago, comicnoir said:
17 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

That and 4 packs a day.

If it doesn't get you one way, it gets you another!

8 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

and last but not least, the work that Osrin is perhaps best known for.  An old slab of mine that I dearly wish I still owned!

itrhymeswithlust65f_zpsqsn6psux.jpg

We all have past remorse 

10 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

The subject of Ray Osrin came up recently.  A great inker and a friend and collaberator of Matt Baker's, he also did some notable work over at Charlton.

Some of the books posted have since moved on to other worthy collectors, most if not all of them fellow boardies.  (thumbsu

Wow. Thanks for the posts! I like every one of those covers, with the Sweethearts #25 as my new particular favorite. Never realized they were all by the same artist.

I don't believe Alice Kelley did any shoots for Fawcett.

But your book is an example of the baffling "Swedish pedigree".  Up top, in the title, is the stamp 50 Ore.  An Ore is the centesimal (1/100) subdivision of the Swedish krona.  Over the years I've seen copies pop up here and there, mostly romance, but maybe that's because that's where I'm looking for books.  But it does raise the question:  how in the world did these make it back to the States, if in fact they were marked by a Swedish distributor?  If not that, then what?

CowgirlRomances11fc100_zps27klq96c.jpg

4 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

But your book is an example of the baffling "Swedish pedigree".  Up top, in the title, is the stamp 50 Ore.  An Ore is the centesimal (1/100) subdivision of the Swedish krona.  Over the years I've seen copies pop up here and there, mostly romance, but maybe that's because that's where I'm looking for books.  But it does raise the question:  how in the world did these make it back to the States, if in fact they were marked by a Swedish distributor?  If not that, then what?

CowgirlRomances11fc100_zps27klq96c.jpg

My copy of CR 11 also carries that mysterious stamp. And I've seen other copies with it. Crossed the ocean somehow.

18 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

TrueLifeSecrets23fc100_zps3fenyhrz.jpg

I had no idea this was Osrin ink.  I like that he signed several.  CGC needs to fix the typo on their Rhyme's label.  "Osrin" not "Orsin".  Maybe it'd work on that book with a hyphen "or-sin"?

11 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Not an answer, but a random data point of interest: I've seen a surprising number of copies of Bobby Benson's B-Bar-B Riders #14 with that stamp. I'm glad you told me what it is!