• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,415 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, szav said:
33 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

Here's a batch of them missing issue 12.

diary confessions9.jpg

diary confessions10.jpg

diary confessions11.jpg

diary confessions14.jpg

Dang never seen these before.  They’re all amazing.

I'd seen the hayride cover and thought it was just random awesomeness.... I had no idea there was a run of equal impressiveness.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

33 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I was looking at a My Secret Marriage slab, which CGC denotes as “Canadian edition” - I thought all Superior books were printed in Canada, and that there is no matching US version?

CGC screws up on that all the time. Bell Feature Canadian Whites are given Canadian edition. They are the only editions.

Fox Romance books present an interesting dilemma in that their covers often aren’t very good, the stories can be clumsily written, not to mention interior artwork that usually seems mediocre at best.

And because their rebound (4 comics) ‘fatties’ may contain issues where the first page of each story is missing (having appeared inside the front cover of the original edition), it’s been difficult for me to reconcile the collectability of these books.

Yet Fox Romance seems scarce and can command some pretty high prices in comparison to other generic romance. They have an oddball appeal that can be tough to resist.

So where would you place Fox in the Romance hierarchy (St. John/Baker, Atlas, DC, Superior, L. B. Cole, Harvey, Ace, etc.)? 

13 hours ago, sacentaur said:

So where would you place Fox in the Romance hierarchy (St. John/Baker, Atlas, DC, Superior, L. B. Cole, Harvey, Ace, etc.)? 

I place them at the end of the list, behind even Charlton.