• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,415 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, sagii said:

..one of my favorite Quality Comics 'come hither girl' photo covers featuring actress Janet Leigh of 'Psycho' fame (also Jamie Lee Curtis' mom). Ironic both mom and daughter's signature roles are both Horror films.

20190416_220409.jpg

Never knew about this!  Now I want one!!!

@pmpknface I think Comiclink just sold one in their last auction (don't know how much it bought). It and #4 are the toughest of the 4 issue run. The series was one of the earlier romance runs on the radar (due to the series name(title), the nicely designed logo, pretty women gracing the cover and 'rumored' scarcity. Issue one is considered a classic cover by Overstreet.

3 minutes ago, sagii said:

@pmpknface I think Comiclink just sold one in their last auction (don't know how much it bought). It and #4 are the toughest of the 4 issue run. The series was one of the earlier romance runs on the radar (due to the series name(title), the nicely designed logo, pretty women gracing the cover and 'rumored' scarcity. Issue one is considered a classic cover by Overstreet.

@sagii Thanks for the info.  I found the listing, it was a CGC 5.5 that went for $300, and according to the listing is 1 of 2 graded - so you have the highest graded copy!  Congrats!  The more I play around on the boards the more I find stuff I want.  I've started a list.  I'm mainly an LB Cole cover guy, but there are so few I need and with the prices of his stuff going through the roof I need other books to hunt down.  Maybe a pulp here and there (they are really peaking my interest) or some cool GGA covers.  I also like the trashy digest pulps from the 40's - 60's, which I just snagged one of for $6.  My prior last pickup was a REAL LOVE #3, love a smokin' redhead!  ;)   Oh, I'm also a big Hitchcock fan, so that's really why this book appeals to me.  I'm sitting in a room at home with 4 framed HItch flick posters on the wall.  :D 

6 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

@sagii Thanks for the info.  I found the listing, it was a CGC 5.5 that went for $300, and according to the listing is 1 of 2 graded - so you have the highest graded copy!  Congrats!  The more I play around on the boards the more I find stuff I want.  I've started a list.  I'm mainly an LB Cole cover guy, but there are so few I need and with the prices of his stuff going through the roof I need other books to hunt down.  Maybe a pulp here and there (they are really peaking my interest) or some cool GGA covers.  I also like the trashy digest pulps from the 40's - 60's, which I just snagged one of for $6.  My prior last pickup was a REAL LOVE #3, love a smokin' redhead!  ;)   Oh, I'm also a big Hitchcock fan, so that's really why this book appeals to me.  I'm sitting in a room at home with 4 framed HItch flick posters on the wall.  :D 

Can't go wrong with Hitchcock (and though i LOVE 'Psycho', i still think 'North By Northwest' is his masterpiece). Real Love #3 is really cool, as are most of the Ace romance books (as many are finding out). Happy Hunting!

...I am trying my hardest to not go down the Pulp road (:

3 hours ago, sagii said:

Can't go wrong with Hitchcock (and though i LOVE 'Psycho', i still think 'North By Northwest' is his masterpiece). Real Love #3 is really cool, as are most of the Ace romance books (as many are finding out). Happy Hunting!

...I am trying my hardest to not go down the Pulp road (:

Yeah, these boards are rife for ideas and things to want.  AKA:  drains on the wallet!  :D  

Those 2 are classic.  If you haven't seen Rebecca (his only best picture Oscar winner) it's great, and Rope is awesome.  Short flick, it's shot like a play all taken in I believe 3 shots and all on 1 stage like setting.  I know this is a romance thread, but hey!  These movies have romance!  Just often with a bit a murder mixed in....  

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Dotty is a red hot six issue title. Basically a Hartley vehicle, starts to transition from teen into romance with #39 and completes with #41 into Glamorous Romances with Kirkpatrick on the cover art.

#40 is my fave, a stunner.  Not attributed to Kirkpatrick and I would agree.

Dotty40f_zpsmeira4wx.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

16 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Dotty is a red hot six issue title. Basically a Hartley vehicle, starts to transition from teen into romance with #39 and completes with #41 into Glamorous Romances with Kirkpatrick on the cover art.

#40 is my fave, a stunner.  Not attributed to Kirkpatrick and I would agree.

Dotty40f_zpsmeira4wx.jpg

6 months later.

https://www.comics.org/issue/245194/cover/4/

hm