• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,415 posts in this topic

dang Scrooge never seen this one before either.  That Love Doctor #4 is one hard book to find in one hard series to find.  Fantastic sir!

Not only do you have them - and have scans of them - but you remember them as well?  Unbelievable!

Edited by Dr. Love

6 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Not only do you have them - and have scans of them - but you remember them as well?  Unbelievable!

Nah. Just fishing through the GCD. Sagii is ruining my productivity.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

That Love Doctor #4 is one hard book to find in one hard series to find

IIRC, that series was probably the topic of the first or second column by Michelle Nolan I read. A memorable read! Opened my eyes to the diversity of comics in the '50's.

Yes indeed, she was a great columnist.  And I remember watching her go through boxes at cons looking for romance issues, on her quest to get a copy of every single romance book published.  She left the pricier books alone, so at least I had that high ground to myself.

And another great book from Crimebuster.  :applause:

The Confessions painted covers 106-110, by the always surprising John Rosenberger!, are fantastic, impossible to find in high grade.  I'd walk over glass (shoes on) for one of those.  If you all ever find one, remember, big bucks from me!

This isn't my copy but I do have one.  Got this in Philly years ago for like $2.  He's not crying although he looks it.  It's even better, he's HAMMERED!!!  He shows up to the church and slurs his speech and leaves her there.  Hysterical!  Do we have more drunk covers???

836877.jpg

1 minute ago, Joshua33 said:

Did you show em your Lovers 49? @Yorick

There are much better copies posted in this thread.  And now that I have two copies... maybe it's not so rare? hm

I am grateful for your assist in the upgrade!!!

I tried to do some research on these one - figuring ones an LB Cole cover and the others are nice Bathing suit covers, there has to be lots of activity around them . . . and nothing. ONE of the Popular Teenagers 10 on the census, nothing has been sold in forever, and I my searches on the Boards were futile. Anyone here can help me? Is it really that rare? The others also come up blank . . . 

Comic877.jpg

Comic889.jpg

Comic891.jpg

8 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

I tried to do some research on these one - figuring ones an LB Cole cover and the others are nice Bathing suit covers, there has to be lots of activity around them . . . and nothing. ONE of the Popular Teenagers 10 on the census, nothing has been sold in forever, and I my searches on the Boards were futile. Anyone here can help me? Is it really that rare? The others also come up blank . . .

They're uncommon for sure. I've seen a few copies of each, but only a few.

22 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

lol graphic description of the story inside 

Classic cover and one I've yet to land. "throbbing love sagas of the west". The look, the cleavage and the position just grab my attention. :devil:

I might add, that from a graphic design perspective, the logo type is just awesome too!

Edited by Robot Man

15 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

Comic877.jpgComic889.jpg

That Cole cover is rare.  I have a solid VG or so copy, but they don't pop up very often.  It's one of the harder of that run to find.  Congrats!