• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,486 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, fett said:

just popped up on the WW website -best copy in existence probably :) 

https://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=NegroRomances_4_53626

Wow, hefty price tag. But since it's the best known copy...

Missed my shot on the last copy offered on Clink recently (during my furlough). Will just have to be content with the first three Fawcett issues. 

Do you have a copy to share, as one of the big Charlton guys here? 

Biggest Charlton guy, anywhere, most likely!  Although this is one of those rare times where the copy uploaded to comicbookplus is not Fetts.

And look at Ritter deciding he'd be the first and only one to call this a Colletta cover!  Giordano, I think.

Edited by Dr. Love

30 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Biggest Charlton guy, anywhere, most likely!  Although this is one of those rare times where the copy uploaded to comicbookplus is not Fetts.

And look at Ritter deciding he'd be the first and only one to call this a Colletta cover!  Giordano, I think.

He's probably seen me shot down so many times with "looks like Colletta to me" on many a book he just said, when in Rome....:boo:

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Wow, hefty price tag. But since it's the best known copy...

Missed my shot on the last copy offered on Clink recently (during my furlough). Will just have to be content with the first three Fawcett issues. 

Do you have a copy to share, as one of the big Charlton guys here? 

Negative unfortunatley. I think my only chance is a lottery find in the wild. There was one on ebay years ago that went for $412 in nice shape, but I just didnt go after it hard enough. :cry:

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

:LOL thanks for the heads up. I had no idea a scan had been uploaded. Checking around to see if it's a scan of the actual comic or a Frankenscan. 

26 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
2 hours ago, telerites said:

That could have a few connotations, especially in a romance thread (:

The funny thing about it is in every panel, she is on the make for the richest and handsomest guy in the room

How many times did you turn that gold-digger down?

4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

At my age, I'd prefer a talking frog over a gold-digging babe

Kudos to you! Not being the wealthiest and definitely not the most handsome, I unfortunately have never had the opportunity to make that choice.

9 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Definitely not Colletta.  I don't see it as Giordano pencils either as there is a softness to it that Giodano lacks. 

There are enough clues to make a positive ID but it's not coming to me right now.

3 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Definitely not Colletta.  I don't see it as Giordano pencils either as there is a softness to it that Giodano lacks. 

There are enough clues to make a positive ID but it's not coming to me right now.

not a big stable to work through

I'll give it some more thought as well, shouldn't be that hard, though no one's called it so far

On 7/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, PeterPark said:

Picked up a few books I like off Harley's new site:

20200726_223822.thumb.jpg.0900a2f13f6c519de837e761867ec272.jpg

If I had more room for comics, I'd be going after Love Diary...  Lovely covers in that run!