• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,415 posts in this topic

Doohickamabob brought that one up about a week ago, and I'd already been debating it, myself. It certainly could be Alice. Something about it, maybe just a general overall impression, makes me think it might be another girl.

DukeDog!!!!

What's this "debating it" stuff? What's this "might be another girl" stuff?

Do you not see the.........

"The woman has dimples, therefore she must be Alice"?

hm

I'm just trying to err on the side of caution.

DimpleDoll055_maybe_zps830b6724.jpg

Here's another one I just found... and it's that same male model, making for about half a dozen covers we've got so far, with that same couple. But this is the best example of a clear, forward facing view of this woman, smiling. I've placed it side by side with a comparable view of a picture we've agreed is Alice.

DimpleDoll055b_comparison_zpsf2da1bcd.jpg

Are these both pictures of the same woman? The answer to this question will either confirm or dismiss at least half a dozen other photos that are currently subject to debate.

I don't think it's the same woman. The eyes on the left look more open when she smiles than the woman on the right. I do think that it's the same woman on the left that's on the cover of Sweetheart Diary 8.

Because a visual aid is always helpful, I'll put together the other covers with the same male and female models, below. (I need to start making better sense out of the album's organization, anyway.)

DimpleDoll039_zps3485f88a.jpg

DimpleDoll023_zpsbabcf215.jpg

DimpleDoll038_zpse1bf3aa4.jpg

DimpleDoll041_zps79ffc6a1.jpg

DimpleDoll044_zpse3b980b5.jpg

Because a visual aid is always helpful, I'll put together the other covers with the same male and female models, below. (I need to start making better sense out of the album's organization, anyway.)

DimpleDoll039_zps3485f88a.jpg

DimpleDoll023_zpsbabcf215.jpg

DimpleDoll038_zpse1bf3aa4.jpg

DimpleDoll041_zps79ffc6a1.jpg

DimpleDoll044_zpse3b980b5.jpg

To me, the girl on these covers and Sweethearts 109 is not Alice. In the pictures where she's smiling there are no dimples at all, and when her ears are visible, it's apparent she has less pronounced earlobes than Alice. Also, in the stand-up shot on Sweethearts 109, this model appears to be less petite than Alice.

You think the woman on the cover is Insane?...She's not insane, the person who paid $1,725 for that book is insane... lol

The black queen chants

the funeral march,

The cracked brass bells will ring;

To summon back the fire witch

To the court of the crimson king.

148660.jpg.8d500edeea2ba5af10c683139c4da041.jpg

You think the woman on the cover is Insane?...She's not insane, the person who paid $1,725 for that book is insane... lol

The black queen chants

the funeral march,

The cracked brass bells will ring;

To summon back the fire witch

To the court of the crimson king.

Maybe she's a 21st Century Schizoid woman?

You know, that woman has dimples and dark hair. You don't suppose she could be ... hm

You know, that woman has dimples and dark hair. You don't suppose she could be ... hm

To the best of our knowledge, Alice only posed for photo covers.

OK, I'm confused...I can understand collecting Marilyn Monroe covers because they are so valuable and she was an icon, or even Liz Taylor...but what is the deal with Alice? Is she a relative or something? What am I missing?

Here's a song about another Alice:

:o:o(worship)

Edited by tricolorbrian

OK, I'm confused...I can understand collecting Marilyn Monroe covers because they are so valuable and she was an icon, or even Liz Taylor...but what is the deal with Alice? Is she a relative or something? What am I missing?

Here's a song about another Alice:

:o:o(worship)

I think it's just that 29dd noticed how often she (or her and her lookalike) appeared on romance book covers. Then Dr. Love got her name out of the indicia of one of the books. 29dd uncovered more info on her -- including a couple of movie appearances -- and we have whiled away an idle hour or two debating which covers are really hers and which are the lookalike's. Or maybe there are two lookalikes. hm

Well, try getting to the bottom of why Blasincomics graded my TEC 310 only 6.0 or 6.5? See the PGM forum...You would have given it at least an 8.0, I suspect. I think if I ever sell anything on these forums I am just going to say, "I grade this book at $XXX.00." lol

Edited by tricolorbrian

What you are missing:

(1) Dimples! Dramatic, delicious, delectable, distinguishing....dimples!

(2) She's probably the single most recognizable face to appear on multiple photo covers for romance comics.

(3) She's super cute.....a real dollface... Dollface with dimples...

(4) See #2.

(5) Do not talk about Dimple Club.

(6) DO NOT TALK ABOUT DIMPLE CLUB.