• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,489 posts in this topic

Welcome, Roger. (thumbs u

And Dr. Love- while we're posting LB Cole covers, and taking requests, how about Popular Teen-Agers 11? One of my favorites, but alas, I don't have a decent copy, or ready made scan to post...

Thank you my friends. I am both humbled and excited by being 'on board.' Regarding Manhunt - I agree some chillingly hot stuff there for sure. I am also a big fan of LB COLE romance covers. So hard to find in grades north of Fine Plus.

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

and welcome home to adamstrange! When the cold winds blow, there's always room out here in the land of the setting sun. And thanks again - you opened my eyes to new wonders in old friends. As a result, and as per adam's suggestion, look for a new thread soon in Silver on DC romance.

A great book with my favorite comic defect, "an almost invisible moisture stain on the back cover".

You'd have a real high grade copy if, instead of the stain, it had big bindery chips, dust shadows, a miscut and a miswrap?

Also, if this isn't the best "catfight" cover, I'd like to know what is.

There are some good ones

gf2_zps7f4a042e.jpg

GF1_zpsa63a75ba.jpg

gf3_zps94c48133.jpg

Superb graphic!

I haven't read through the thread yet, but you should definitely consider adding Zoot #9 to this grouping. (Bonus points for one of the women being dressed as a cat.)

149006.jpg.7df2d9a3cf5b28b7084a39e67ea7d0bd.jpg

Welcome, Roger. (thumbs u

And Dr. Love- while we're posting LB Cole covers, and taking requests, how about Popular Teen-Agers 11? One of my favorites, but alas, I don't have a decent copy, or ready made scan to post...

OK, I've been found out... PTA 11 is my favorite cover of any period, any genre.

PopularTeenAgers11_Copy1a_zps00550ae2.jpg

PopularTeenAgers11_Copy2a_zps50bf0067.jpg

PopularTeenAgers11_Copy3a_zps07e3aee4.jpg

PopularTeenAgers11_Copy4a_zps2f332156.jpg

Here are some Romance books I don't think are in particular demand but which I have an affinity for.

This is basically a 9.8 with a little rust on the bottom staple - before and after slabbing:

RealLove35DCopyMetropolis_zps9e587dc0.jpg

rea0091949no035c01g90a_zpsd59c120d.jpg

I like Al Hartley covers. If you have one of these let me make you an offer

gir0041952no026c01g30a_zps1ab5e4d8.jpg

Everything you've posted is killer, but I love this one! I want one now!

I had the same reaction. I'm not really into romance books, but this one is beautiful.

I like Al Hartley covers. If you have one of these let me make you an offer

Everything you've posted is killer, but I love this one! I want one now!

I had the same reaction. I'm not really into romance books, but this one is beautiful.

Got that on eBay like 12 years ago

If anyone has a nice one of these I'd love the chance to wrest it from your collection. Please PM me!

RomanticMarriage81951a_zps19f98a55.jpg

Love that cover!

RomanticMarriage8.jpg