• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

This cover is aces!! But who did it?

Here's one I picked up in the last CLink auction that was high on my want list after seeing Dr.Love's awesome Church copy.

Definitely on my short list of favorite romance covers.

HeartThrobs1_zps9f1260f9.jpg

Nice score.

very very nice copy! I should know, it lived in my house for 7 years, until I sold it last year. You got a great price there too.

lol I should have known it was one of your hand me downs.

Thanks for letting it go, it's a much better copy than I thought I'd ever get.

I think it was on Graham Crackers web site before the auction and I almost made them an offer. I'm glad I didn't because I won it for less than 60% of my max bid.

Nothing great here, but just a couple books I enjoyed. Some good stories and some decent art.

Being new to the romance genre, I'm honestly surprised that I've enjoyed reading romance books as much as I have, even though there are a lot of "I forgive you darling" last panel kisses.

On another note, I'm about half way through the Fantagraphics Simon and Kirby "Young Romance" book. Some great stuff in there.

PerfectLove9_zps014acaa4.jpg

RealisticRomances6x_zps5b5b1080.jpg

OK, got my book today. VG+? :o I don't think so...maybe F+...and this is why I love buying mid-grades from Payette... (thumbs u BTW, the little black dot on her cheek is on my scanner, not on the book.

4r5b7p.jpg

This is a nice looking copy and I just noticed #5 is the only Beatrice book with a Schomburg signature (fact of the day).

OK, got my book today. VG+? :o I don't think so...maybe F+...and this is why I love buying mid-grades from Payette... (thumbs u BTW, the little black dot on her cheek is on my scanner, not on the book.

4r5b7p.jpg

This is a nice looking copy and I just noticed #5 is the only Beatrice book with a Schomburg signature (fact of the day).

NIce pickup Brian!

Damon - Love that Realistic Romances cover! Yowza!

Another 1949 issue of True Confessions magazine, and another cover featuring Alice Kelley, our favorite... "Reefer Girl"?

DimpleDoll058_zps279c42b1.jpg

Ha ha, she's such a stoner.

It could explain the dimples... constant and excessive smiling.