• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much of a premium are we talking for newsstand issues v/s direct editions?
10 10

1,113 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

It's not that some people can't handle the truth, it's that they don't have the ability to understand it 2c

Blunt speakers are ok as long as they agree with you I guess (shrug)

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Blunt speakers are ok as long as they agree with you I guess (shrug)

How many self professed "slingers of truth" have we seen here who are in reality just plain ole' individual_without_enough_empathys?

They'll never understand it's possible to tell the truth and be tactful at the same time.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

How many self professed "slingers of truth" have we seen here who are in reality just plain ole' individual_without_enough_empathys?

They'll never understand it's possible to tell the truth and be tactful at the same time.

They like the 'truth', unless it's slung back their way-

2c

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:) Your passionate I get it, I would be too, your contribution is wanted and credited. It's just when someone gives you an "out", then take it. Not to get political, but a kind word turns away wrath..... a wise man say....

I was just trying to offer a truce, now I feel it is taken, while for a second the white neutral flag was ignored. 

That is your opinion, and I do not agree. You say "the TRUTH in LOVE"..which, I repeat, is a noble goal....but that depends entirely on how one defines "LOVE." I don't define it, as so many, as "politically correct." and "designed never to possibly be anything that could even be the tiniest bit offensive to anyone at any time." In fact, I think it's the opposite of those things. You were trying to "offer a truce", but you fired the first shot. And on top of all of that, you completely ignored the impetus for my tame, bland snark, despite the outrageous comments being made from that party. What is someone supposed to do with that...? 

What place is it of anyone but moderation/administration to judge how someone else expresses themself? I criticize what people say, not how they say it. I criticize the ideas, not the person.

And I have PMs. If you had something you needed to tell me, why not talk to me in private? If you're going to quote Bible verses, here's one: "If your brother sins against you, go and confront him privately. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over." While this is a perfectly legitimate discussion, it has absolutely zero business being conducted publicly...IF both parties are acting in good faith.

You must ask yourself, as we all must ask ourselves every day: are you acting in good faith? I don't think so. I'm open to you proving me wrong. Do you think the people who have recently joined the "discussion" are acting in good faith? They're not. Do you think all this personal commentary has any place here? Not even remotely.

This entire conversation is completely inappropriate for a comic book message board.

34 minutes ago, divad said:
3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You have a very, VERY high opinion of yourself. That's good. At least someone does.

these kind of hurtful words are not very productive in a conversation.:preach:

Hurtful...? I'm not sure what you're referring to. Isn't it healthy to have a high opinion of yourself...?

37 minutes ago, divad said:
19 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"cyber bullying"

meh

That's the reality I live with.

indeed!

Well, golly, that's not what I said at all, kind sir. You plum gone and quoted my words out of context, yesiree!

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
40 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:) Your passionate I get it, I would be too, your contribution is wanted and credited. It's just when someone gives you an "out", then take it. Not to get political, but a kind word turns away wrath..... a wise man say....

I was just trying to offer a truce, now I feel it is taken, while for a second the white neutral flag was ignored. 

That is your opinion, and I do not agree. You say "the TRUTH in LOVE"..which, I repeat, is a noble goal....but that depends entirely on how one defines "LOVE." I don't define it, as so many, as "politically correct." and "designed never to possibly be anything that could even be the tiniest bit offensive to anyone at any time." In fact, I think it's the opposite of those things. You were trying to "offer a truce", but you fired the first shot. And on top of all of that, you completely ignored the impetus for my tame, bland snark, despite the outrageous comments being made from that party. What is someone supposed to do with that...? 

What place is it of anyone but moderation/administration to judge how someone else expresses themself? I criticize what people say, not how they say it. I criticize the ideas, not the person.

And I have PMs. If you had something you needed to tell me, why not talk to me in private? If you're going to quote Bible verses, here's one: "If your brother sins against you, go and confront him privately. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over." While this is a perfectly legitimate discussion, it has absolutely zero business being conducted publicly...IF both parties are acting in good faith.

You must ask yourself, as we all must ask ourselves every day: are you acting in good faith? I don't think so. I'm open to you proving me wrong. Do you think the people who have recently joined the "discussion" are acting in good faith? They're not. Do you think all this personal commentary has any place here? Not even remotely.

This entire conversation is completely inappropriate for a comic book message board.

I'm not accusing you of acting any certain way (shrug) 

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not accusing you of acting any certain way (shrug) 

Are you acting in good faith?

was the "other" person too sensitive? probably, but when you see someone hurting and someone steps in that is the definition of acting in good faith. 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

was the "other" person too sensitive? probably, but when you see someone hurting and someone steps in that is the definition of acting in good faith. 

Hurting...?

You think that other person was the victim of something...? Are we reading the same thread...?

You're not acting in good faith. You have a biased opinion which betrays and contradicts your conciliatory words.

If you wish to discuss this in private...my PMs are just a couple of clicks away. Otherwise, again, this conversation is designed only to discredit by ad hominem...something that has worked on you. 

Take care.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Hurting...?

You think that other person was the victim of something...? Are we reading the same thread...?

You're not acting in good faith. You have a biased opinion which betrays and contradicts your conciliatory words.

If you wish to discuss this in private...my PMs are just a couple of clicks away. Otherwise, again, this conversation is designed only to discredit by ad hominem...something that has worked on you. 

Take care.

I don't understand why you think I'm some "hammer of political or social justice"...... we are indeed not reading the same context, I've bowed out several times, but you feel the need to explain.

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't understand why you think I'm some "hammer of political or social justice"...... we are indeed not reading the same context, I've bowed out several times, but you feel the need to explain.

My PMs are only a couple of clicks away. I'm happy to discuss it with you there.

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:
2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Acting in good faith...:snort:: what an absolute joke.

Agreed. 100%.

If you don't wish that I have Faith, that is ok too :) 

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

My PMs are only a couple of clicks away. I'm happy to discuss it with you there.

There is nothing to discuss, the poster hasn't posted again, I had nothing to do with his departure, nor am I picking up his argument. You seem to suggest that I'm singling you out, which is also untrue. The newb relief post I'm sure is still there, the fact that I "care" continues to astound ad honminem so I don't see me getting any of the points across....... so that's the way it ends?