• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much of a premium are we talking for newsstand issues v/s direct editions?
10 10

1,113 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
14 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Who are these pathetic "elite" cowards who are unwilling to take a public stand against this supposed false narrative and these alleged lies? :popcorn:

Not you son 

Well, duh!

But thanks for clarifying that for anybody who somehow thought I would ever be part of such a group.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It's a very nice cat

Tabby

I love Tabby

My friend has Tuxedos

IMG_20191024_234417.jpg

IMG_20191024_234357.jpg

IMG_20191024_234348.jpg

Tuxedos are my favorite-very intelligent.  Boy do I miss my cat Whiskers.....

44 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

You are correct just because it is someone’s opinion does not make it accurate.  Normally if someone is passionate about their opinion, no matter how faulty it is, you cannot change it.  It is almost like it is in their DNA.

Oh, if your goal is to change someone's mind...even if subconsciously...you're going to be in a world of heartache and frustration. The only mind I can change...is my own. Same goes for everyone else. I'm sure I'm not telling you something you don't know. ;)

But...on message boards, there aren't just two people dialoguing...there are others, some participants, some not...most of whom haven't made up their minds about what is being discussed. And it is them with whom I am concerned. I'm a big, BIG believer in people having the most information possible, so they can decide for themselves. 

57 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I would say my experience has been the opposite. There are a large number of people out there paying premiums for newsstand books that are not rare by any stretch ( think mid 80's Marvel's ), but because it's a newsstand and they've heard those are "rare" and / or "more valuable" they pay a premium. (shrug)

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 8.52.19 PM.png

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

She had a Tux named Edna she had to put down a few weeks ago and adopted those two brothers

I sobbed like a baby when i had to do that.  

17 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Do you see the false dichotomy...? hm

Explain this to me

Not the definition 

I understand the definition 

But the false contrast between too opposing viewpoints?

People/individuals are quite capable of rendering a decision on the question of arrogance.

Edited by Hollywood1892

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Explain this to me

Not the definition 

I understand the definition 

But the false contrast between too opposing viewpoints

The "bad roommate" scenarios assumes that said roommate 1. complains about all of his/her roommates, and 2. is complained about by all of his/her roommates.

But it's not all of nothing...hence, the false dichotomy.

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:
2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The "bad roommate" scenarios assumes that said roommate 1. complains about all of his/her roommates, and 2. is complained about by all of his/her roommates.

But it's not all of nothing...hence, the false dichotomy.

Your missing the whole point.

The real story is thus

Said roommate is constantly complaining about other roommates, he goes through so many until the point no one wants to be his roommate and he is all alone, and yet despite this aloneness, this feeling of deep seated emptiness, he still deflects responsibility, still refuses to seek out the truth for this isolation, that the problem isn't from without, but rather from within 

Hubris is a debilitating conflict within the human character.

Sure, that's the "bad roommate" scenario. You specifically asked for me to not explain what the "definition" was, so I didn't.

My point was not your point. Here it is again: when you present a false dichotomy, when the basic premise is bad, everything that follows...the "bad roommate" scenario...has no meaning. No one here has "gone through all the roommates", nor is anyone "constantly complaining about other roommates." Not you. Not me. Not anyone. That's the logical fallacy of the false dilemma: your premise doesn't exist in the first place.

And I know you're very, very new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret: people who only stick around for a week or two...? Not roommates. 

I don't know what "hubris is a debilitating conflict within the human character" means. I mean, it sounds really cool...but I don't think it has any real meaning the way you've phrased it. 

But your gist is correct: pride is a biotch of a mistress...I wonder whose mistress she really is...?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

People/individuals are quite capable of rendering a decision on the question of arrogance.

I see you've added an edit, so I'll respond. People/individuals are very susceptible to suggestion and confirmation bias. 

As for "rendering a decision on the question of arrogance"...I guess it depends on whether that judgment is real, or just based on the appearance. I don't think very many people are able to differentiate between arrogance in another, or offendedness in themselves. You offend someone...especially with the truth...and they will like as not judge you arrogant. Pride's a biotch, after all.

The real question is this: are those of you under the spell going to break free and learn to think for yourselves, or are you going to continue to allow yourselves to be manipulated...? The long history of humanity tells us what's likely.

Time for some popcorn! :popcorn:

Edited by RockMyAmadeus