• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay 99-cent auctions: Golden Age (horror etc.), Silver Age (Marvel), much more

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, just a note to let people know about a bunch of eBay auctions I've got running right now, most of which will end on Sunday, February 23 during the evening.

Here is the link to all my eBay auctions: Doohickamabob's eBay auctions

I am selling a large amount of Golden Age, Silver Age, and some alternative/indie stuff. Here's a little more detail:

Golden Age: Lots of pre-code horror, sci-fi, several war titles, and some Western comics (including two EC Comics "Gunfighter" issues). Of particular note is that I am auctioning a full run of the Youthful Magazines (publisher) sci-fi/horror comics that were released under the titles of Captain Science, Fantastic, Beware, and Chilling Tales. Captain Science is sort of like Planet Comics merged with Weird Science, and it has loads of Wally Wood, Joe Orlando, Graham Ingels, and Walter Johnson art (among others). The numbering was retained but it became Fantastic, then Beware, and these all have a lot of Harry Harrison art. By the time it was Beware it was in full pre-code horror mode, featuring tons of scares, violence and gore. Finally it became Chilling Tales and these are known for featuring three of the only covers that Matt Fox did for comic books. Matt Fox has a really distinctive, creepy style that is familiar to collectors of the pulp publication Weird Tales. The only horror-comic artist who made a bigger impact than Matt Fox after doing just three covers was William Ekgren. Among the Chilling Tales issues is a highly sought-after comic, Chilling Tales #16, which is very scarce/rare with a really evil cover that is comparable to Venus #18 (the hooded figures, etc.). The copy of Chilling Tales #16 I am auctioning is the third-highest graded copy in the CGC census, graded at FN/VF or CGC 7.0. All of these auctions are 99-cent starting bid auctions so they should be interesting to watch just to see what the current true market value of those comics is (for their grades). I hope you will check these auctions out -- photos below.

Silver Age: I am auctioning a large amount of classic Marvel superhero stuff. Not all is Silver Age; some is Bronze Age. But most is Silver. These comics include The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man, Tales of Suspense, Tales to Suspense, Nick Fury, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Strange Tales, Captain America, and many others. There are also a few DC comics such as Showcase, Hawkman, and The Atom. These comics are grouped in lots and also all being auctioned with 99-cent starting bids.

Alternative/Indie: I'm auctioning some Very Fine and almost Near Mint copies of the first-series Love & Rockets comics.

It took me a while to set up these auctions because I added lots of interior photos of the splash pages, outstanding panel artwork, and that sort of thing. Doohickamabob says check 'em out.

145078.jpg.cc3b7ef970b351bb947dc019f8d19268.jpg

145079.jpg.a6d30741bbb8a3569194a8322b69a564.jpg

145080.jpg.c459414d3316f4b97ac5bbbd7a0e6a4f.jpg