• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Boards from Original Factory *piece of history*
6 6

82 posts in this topic

Wow Chris thanks for the extra bit of info which helps confirm that the story could be true and that these most likely came out of that Marvel warehouse.

I’m amazed at how you seem to know a little bit about most everything !

Looking at these pieces … they do look aged as far as the wood they are on and doesn’t look like something recently created. Also the explanation of why they were created makes sense.

Some of these panels as wall paintings seem very familiar. I've seen pictures of Marvel offices before where the walls were painted like this. I can't find them now, of course. lol

If these images came from those offices they would have been the actual walls that were later cut apart and framed.

I've been searching for those images of the offices but no luck so far.

Oh man that would be soo sweet if you could find these images on Marvel office walls !!!

I actually want to claim more of these but waiting to see if other boardies are going to lay claim to some !

Please be patient. Response has been overwhelming. Im going to respond in order of PM. Please no more PM's though, lol. Gonna spend Sunday with the kids...... I will post a couple of more though, again, not for sale at this point, but rather to share history before they are all gone. I originally only wanted to sell 3, hahaha. Please do not get mad if I cant accomadate you. I am not a business and to ship these 1 by 1 would be maddening. The last few aren't in as good of shape. But again, this is a pretty cool thing to see considering history and age. So, again, please enjoy some marvel history......

Just a thought you can bring these to a UPS store and they will wrap and ship them for you. I know I wouldn't mind the extra cost of that if I was able to get the Thor piece. It would certainly take a lot of the shipping issues off of you, just drop them off and it's out of your hands.

James G

Just a thought you can bring these to a UPS store and they will wrap and ship them for you. I know I wouldn't mind the extra cost of that if I was able to get the Thor piece. It would certainly take a lot of the shipping issues off of you, just drop them off and it's out of your hands.

James G

FedEx Office will do the same in fact they have special boxes for framed art that I have used before.

I think he put these on here to get a feel of how they would sell not knowing we would all go balls crazy over them.

Oh yes... some of us here would give one of our balls just to have one of these cool vintage art boards! Read our posts .. we are all drooling nuts as in "balls crazy-ness" stance. :insane:

I want one of these! Waiting for Pm reply... I can wait with patience. Take your time in sorting, don't rush

Balls crazy. Yep, that's us!

Remarkable batch of images, with a willing home for every one.

In my earlier post I didn't mean to imply there wasn't anything wrong with them or that they were somehow nonlegitimate, I just wanted to know where they came from, there's a lot of work in every one of those.

I lust after the Surfer piece next to the broom, it's remarkable.