• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Boards from Original Factory *piece of history*
6 6

82 posts in this topic

Can you list with pics of what's left?

Definitely interested in buying one and happy to pay for the shipment!

I think he clarified in his earlier post below that the only ones for sale were the first three he posted and that others posted were for sharing pictures. I missed it when he first posted it as well because I was too busy posting I'll take it's lol

Please no more PM's though, lol. Gonna spend Sunday with the kids...... I will post a couple of more though, again, not for sale at this point, but rather to share history before they are all gone. I originally only wanted to sell 3, hahaha. Please do not get mad if I cant accomadate you.

Wow ... these pieces are HUGE !!!

I know that many of us have received these Marvel art boards and everyone is really happy.

One thing I noticed is that all of the art boards have stuff written on the back ... for example "Wall Panel G" and then "G-5". They all have different wall labels with various designations as to where they were hung and they are so big and heavy that I cannot see anything else these would have been built for except to take up large chunks of real estate on very large walls.

I really believe the story about coming out of the Marvel Warehouse in Yuma is true. (thumbs u

I love my two boards - congrats to everyone who got a little piece of Marvel history. I'm kind of a provenance guy when it comes to antiquey things, so I made this letter and envelope to put on the back of each board. That way, down the line, should something happen and I am unable to pass along the story of these things, this history of the pieces are not lost. If you'd like to print out a copy for yourself to keep with the boards - you are absolutely welcome to it.

Thanks to Chris Ciara for providing some additional info to Bobby's original post. I kind of manipulated the text, and gave it a little vintage Marvel feel (with disclaimer) lol :

You can download and print the letter in .pdf format here.

I created a No Prize #10 standard envelope to put it in, too. You can download and print the letter in .pdf format here.

letterhead.png

env.png

I love my two boards - congrats to everyone who got a little piece of Marvel history. I'm kind of a provenance guy when it comes to antiquey things, so I made this letter and envelope to put on the back of each board. That way, down the line, should something happen and I am unable to pass along the story of these things, this history of the pieces are not lost. If you'd like to print out a copy for yourself to keep with the boards - you are absolutely welcome to it.

Thanks to Chris Ciara for providing some additional info to Bobby's original post. I kind of manipulated the text, and gave it a little vintage Marvel feel (with disclaimer) lol :

You can download and print the letter in .pdf format here.

I created a No Prize #10 standard envelope to put it in, too. You can download and print the letter in .pdf format here.

letterhead.png

env.png

Great job Jason ... awesome !!! :applause:

I just finished building a new home and in process of moving. Over the years I’ve acquired a few more of these Marvel Art boards from boardies so along with those I originally purchased I now have about 10 or so in which I will be starting a sales thread to sell a few. I need to free up a little space and these things are huge and heavy ! 

6 minutes ago, comeaux said:

I just finished building a new home and in process of moving. Over the years I’ve acquired a few more of these Marvel Art boards from boardies so along with those I originally purchased I now have about 10 or so in which I will be starting a sales thread to sell a few. I need to free up a little space and these things are huge and heavy ! 

I remember this thread and being so sad I was so far away!Can't wait to see pics of yours.

52 minutes ago, comeaux said:

Thanks porcupine! As soon as I complete moving and get this new computer setup (aggravating) then I will post up some pictures of these boards ! 

Great... would love to see these boards. :foryou: