• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May 2014

482 posts in this topic

Now that is a thing of beauty! Plus the consignor is donating the majority after tax proceeds to the Hero Initiative! Very cool! (thumbs u

IF i could just win the Power Ball between now and the auction! hm

Yeah, i think the whole story is great. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it go for more than the action 15 cover.

Out of Curiosity, how much would a comparable Trimpe Hulk page (without that last panel being what it is) go for?

I'm no expert but it otherwise would be a 4 panel battle page. I would say 1500-2500 depending on the auction

Its official. The Incredible HULK 180 page is up. WOW

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7093&lotIdNo=22001

Well, the sky really is the limit on this, since the art for #181 no longer exists.

This page represents 'the one and only' chance to get an example of Wolverine's first appearance. :o

Its official. The Incredible HULK 180 page is up. WOW

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7093&lotIdNo=22001

Well, the sky really is the limit on this, since the art for #181 no longer exists.

This page represents 'the one and only' chance to get an example of Wolverine's first appearance. :o

I believe the cover to 181 still exists. Just the interiors were burned.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it go for more than the action 15 cover.

I would say it`s exactly the reverse--it`ll shock me if it goes for less than the Action 15 cover.

Which just goes to show that historical significance (1st appearance of a major character) and nostalgia (Wolvie is a favorite of many collectors who grew up in the 80s and 90s) without question trump all other factors.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it go for more than the action 15 cover.

I would say it`s exactly the reverse--it`ll shock me if it goes for less than the Action 15 cover.

Which just goes to show that historical significance (1st appearance of a major character) and nostalgia (Wolvie is a favorite of many collectors who grew up in the 80s and 90s) without question trump all other factors.

Much better said, Agree! If any piece will attract outside collectors/investors I would think this would be one of them.

Much better said, Agree! If any piece will attract outside collectors/investors I would think this would be one of them.

Everybody always says this, and yet all the marquee pieces always end up with the same usual suspects. This one will be no exception; I'm pretty sure I can narrow the field down to the 2-4 people most likely to be in the mix, just as I could for the Action 15 cover.

Like I said in another thread:

Even if Hugh Jackman somehow wanted the Hulk #180 cover, I'm sure he'd be clobbered in the bidding by the usual suspects. It really takes a special kind of clinical psychosis to rationalize paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a Herb Trimpe drawing of a character who looks like he just stepped out of the musical "Cats", one that outsiders to this hobby simply will never understand.

Of course, as I'm not an outsider, I love it and think it's a great piece of comic art! Good luck to the bidders...

Everybody always says this, and yet all the marquee pieces always end up with the same usual suspects. This one will be no exception; I'm pretty sure I can narrow the field down to the 2-4 people most likely to be in the mix, just as I could for the Action 15 cover.

Even if Hugh Jackman somehow wanted the Hulk #180 cover, I'm sure he'd be clobbered in the bidding by the usual suspects. It really takes a special kind of clinical psychosis to rationalize paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a Herb Trimpe drawing of a character who looks like he just stepped out of the musical "Cats", one that outsiders to this hobby simply will never understand.

Of course, as I'm not an outsider, I love it and think it's a great piece of comic art! Good luck to the bidders...

It might attract outside bidders but you are right as to who it will likley end up with. Definitely going to be fun to watch.

It might attract outside bidders but you are right as to who it will likley end up with. Definitely going to be fun to watch.

From what I can tell, no one ever steps in and sets a record right off the bat. Even for the newbies with major bankrolls, it takes a while to build up to that (i.e. become sufficiently brainwashed:P). I can't recall anyone introducing themselves to the hobby by blowing away all the established BSDs at a major auction like this one. Not to say that's impossible, but the next time it happens will be the first!