• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #1 & #2 Club
5 5

439 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2018 at 7:09 AM, Schmakt said:

Got my #2 back while I was in Europe... a very nice surprise waiting for me when I got home!

Paid $350 for this on ebay back in 2007 graded by the seller as VF.

Screened it for pressing, but they said it would not help.

Suffice to say, I'm pretty freaking happy with this :)

Albedo-2-CGCVFNM.jpg

Albedo-2Back-CGCVFNM.jpg

That's a generous 9.0 (no offense), and I'd be happy to have it. :foryou: I've only had one opportunity to buy a raw copy of this book and I couldn't (didn't) pull the trigger. It was at a garage sale in SF a while back, and the guy wanted $600 (a tad nicer than yours) but I just couldn't get myself to drop $600 at a garage sale. :sumo: :(

On 9/14/2018 at 9:04 PM, SpideyFein said:

Whoever lives in California is really lucky. Someone should go to this and send us a report! Meeting Stan would be phenomenal! 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/sd-tm-0826-stan-sakai-20180801-story,amp.html

Agreed.  I would love to see this exhibition.

High grade copies have made their ways into private collections besides that sole 9.8 that has been on feebay forever. I have only seen sales for below 8.0 in last several months. Anyone see any other confirmed sales above 8.0? Curious what the values of 9.0+ have been pushed to.

8 hours ago, Norinn Radd said:
On 9/14/2018 at 6:04 PM, SpideyFein said:

Whoever lives in California is really lucky. Someone should go to this and send us a report! Meeting Stan would be phenomenal! 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/sd-tm-0826-stan-sakai-20180801-story,amp.html

Agreed.  I would love to see this exhibition.

This is pretty far south and also pretty out there.  Maybe some of our LA or San Diego members attended?

Edited by divad

54 minutes ago, divad said:

This is pretty far south and also pretty out there.  Maybe some of our LA or San Diego members attended?

Seeing this exhibit would be incredible, but I also want to make the point that seeing famous artists/writers out of the convention realm is a whole other world. They are often more down to earth and willing to talk to you as they don’t have as much pressure to perform and get commissions/signings done. From what I’ve heard, Stan is ultra friendly anyway, but it would be great to talk to him and look at some of the original artwork.  I hope somebody on here gets to go. 

On 9/17/2018 at 1:08 PM, 1p36DSA said:

High grade copies have made their ways into private collections besides that sole 9.8 that has been on feebay forever. I have only seen sales for below 8.0 in last several months. Anyone see any other confirmed sales above 8.0? Curious what the values of 9.0+ have been pushed to.

A 9.8 and a 9.2 have sold this year.

On 9/15/2018 at 12:06 AM, divad said:

That's a generous 9.0 (no offense), and I'd be happy to have it. :foryou: I've only had one opportunity to buy a raw copy of this book and I couldn't (didn't) pull the trigger. It was at a garage sale in SF a while back, and the guy wanted $600 (a tad nicer than yours) but I just couldn't get myself to drop $600 at a garage sale. :sumo: :(

I totally agree as the front left spine seemed to have some thumbprints on it that, in combination with those spine ticks, would have killed it... was very surprised, but I'll take a win when it's handed to me :)

EDIT: I'm honestly just thankful it came back a Blue Label!

Edited by Schmakt

On 10/13/2018 at 7:21 PM, 1p36DSA said:

9.4 $7k sale, not too bad. Ghost of a book especially in high grade right now 

:whatthe:

11 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

I knew at some point someone would get that 9.8, was hovering there for a while. Book is finally catching up to TMNT and should as it is much more rare in grade.

With the caveat that I am a HUGE Usagi and Stan Sakai fan, there are elements of TMNT that will always make that a more desirable book than Albedo 2. I would even go so far as to say that Albedo 2 is in demand because of TMNT.

On 10/22/2018 at 5:58 PM, Ryan. said:

With the caveat that I am a HUGE Usagi and Stan Sakai fan, there are elements of TMNT that will always make that a more desirable book than Albedo 2. I would even go so far as to say that Albedo 2 is in demand because of TMNT.

Definitely falls into the argumentum ad populum category.  While Sakai has stayed consistent and true to his work, TMNT has soared into mindless drivel, for the masses.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:18 PM, ygogolak said:

Wow, that raw lot that just sold was a steal then.

yes, it was. I was surprised it did not go higher ... and also ecstatic :banana: We will see in a few months after joeypost and CGC take care of it :) 

4 minutes ago, woregul said:

yes, it was. I was surprised it did not go higher ... and also ecstatic :banana: We will see in a few months after joeypost and CGC take care of it :) 

Nice, congrats!

It looked like a very solid copy.

Edited by ygogolak