• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #1 & #2 Club
5 5

439 posts in this topic

Albedo 2 CGC 9.0 just sold on eBay for $3,650. Blue label but note says, "Name & sketch written on page 1 in pen."

Doesn't this usually get a Qualified green label? Seems like it really held the book down, since a couple weeks ago a 9.0 sold for $4,850. Or was that sale too high?

Edited by shortboxed

46 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

Albedo 2 CGC 9.6 just sold on eBay for $3,650. Blue label but note says, "Name & sketch written on page 1 in pen."

Doesn't this usually get a Qualified green label? Seems like it really held the book down, since a couple weeks ago a 9.0 sold for $4,850. Or was that sale too high?

I think that the transaction you are referring to was a sale of a 9.0 for $3,650. Markets are down people may not feel comfortable bidding. Also, this may not be the time of year. People may have funds committed to family obligations.

1 hour ago, Sanj Mitra said:

I think that the transaction you are referring to was a sale of a 9.0 for $3,650. Markets are down people may not feel comfortable bidding. Also, this may not be the time of year. People may have funds committed to family obligations.

Yeah, makes sense. And my bad, corrected the typo!

22 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Albedo 2 CGC 9.0 just sold on eBay for $3,650. Blue label but note says, "Name & sketch written on page 1 in pen."

Doesn't this usually get a Qualified green label?

No, names inside a book get blue labels.  It's writing on the front cover that results in the green label.

5 hours ago, Norinn Radd said:

So would you rather own an Albedo 2 or an Usagi cover for a similar amount of money? hm

http://comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DUsagi%26ItemType%3DCA&id=1287943

RAD0ADA52018112_13593.thumb.jpg.7d01ed8fd8fffe584a6a7c1477087fa7.jpg

That's really cool...

I wish my name was "Dan Spiegle" though :)

I've found Stan to be incredibly kind and generous with his time. He does quick sketches for free (see my avatar), and will also take commissions. I had one done at SDCC years ago, and it turned out great, and I picked it up later in the weekend. Not sure what his current commission list is like or how quickly he will do them.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, gonzoo said:

That's crazy. Who has the kind of money to spend $20k+ on a comic book from 1984, and of those who do, who would be interested in doing so?

I love Usagi...fantastic character...but how can this book be worth $20,000+?

A mere 20 years ago, that amount of money would have bought you a beat up 'Tec #27....or a quite nice VF AF #15.