• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #1 & #2 Club
5 5

439 posts in this topic

That's pretty damned awesome! I love that there's such unique personal histories to some of these copies. To have the personal copy from one of Eastman's personal friends, let alone the guy who may have been key to TMNT existing at all....well, holy , that's very cool.

Btw, on the Albedo 2, did you notice who has letters published in that book. I thought it a very odd coincidence, but love it. Kinda brings everything together for this little family of books. :cool:

Thanks dane, Louie got tired seeing him draw funny characters at work so he made him live up to his talent, good going Louie :applause: Peter laird & Don Thompson letters where published in that book, but its been a long time since I seen them. Not ready yet to crack out my CGC just yet to find out lol But I'll try to look it up.

Thanks dane, Louie got tired seeing him draw funny characters at work so he made him live up to his talent, good going Louie :applause:Peter laird & Don Thompson letters where published in that book, but its been a long time since I seen them. Not ready yet to crack out my CGC just yet to find out lol But I'll try to look it up.

Yeah, anyone with a raw copy able to take a pic or something and post it for us? hm

:)

Btw, how the hell do you officially pronounce this title? I've always pronounced it like either al-BAY-doe or al-BEE-doe depending on the day. But for all I know, it could be AL-bee-doe or AL-bee-due, or al-BEE-due? (shrug)

AL-BEEDO, BEEDO, BEEDO!

Anybody else watching the raw copy of #2 of ebay? :popcorn:

:o Over a grand that's flipping Awesome :applause: for sure I thought that book would be under sold when I went to bed ! Looks to be in nice high grade hope it gets CGC'd right away !!! But the shocker sale was the Albedo #1 first print went for around $75 bucks :sick: should have jumped on that one :facepalm:

I considered bidding on the #1 but couldn't pull the trigger. The spine creases were really ugly and considering the seller described the book as NM/M I was paranoid that there were many other defects not obvious by the scans.

Anyone know fair market for a #2 9.0 SS Stan Sakai copy? I have one I'm looking to rehome. Surprisingly there looks to only be 7 SS copies of this book at all.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Well, I'm officially a member of the club. I'll have to get the scanner out, and get everyone a better look, but for now, this is the pic that I have. . .

20140507_215034.jpg

Anyone know fair market for a #2 9.0 SS Stan Sakai copy? I have one I'm looking to rehome. Surprisingly there looks to only be 7 SS copies of this book at all.

hm

Well short answer is yes but the long answer is how much?

Well, I'm officially a member of the club. I'll have to get the scanner out, and get everyone a better look, but for now, this is the pic that I have. . .

20140507_215034.jpg

That looks like an okay example of this book.

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

^^^^^^^^^^^^

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

Being that its a very low print run of 2,000 & having a bit tie in history with TMNT this book will forever be in high demand ! plus there is no reprint of this book. So that's why many collectors pay high amounts of money to get one ! Looking forward on seeing these two beauties soon (thumbs u

Being that its a very low print run of 2,000 & having a bit tie in history with TMNT this book will forever be in high demand ! plus there is no reprint of this book. So that's why many collectors pay high amounts of money to get one ! Looking forward on seeing these two beauties soon (thumbs u

I see the tmnt angle, that makes sense, yes I'll take a picture not sure if I'm going to sell one or both but will still show when I get them back

I see the tmnt angle, that makes sense, yes I'll take a picture not sure if I'm going to sell one or both but will still show when I get them back

If you get the chance, read the collected editions and you will get a feel for why Usagi Yojimbo has such a loyal fan base. Especially the early work where Sakai utilized anthropomorphic characters to tell the stories of feudal Japan. I always felt it was a better way to convey the events of Japanese history without having to go overboard with the brutal details of the Samurai.

Libraries will have the books in the youth section, as I first checked out the collected works when living in Colorado. Then wanting to read them again last year, I found the collected works in my local Virginia library. The ones in Colorado noted the Parent's Choice Award being issued for the history and method of storytelling.