• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #1 & #2 Club
5 5

439 posts in this topic

Not sure if anyone has seen the news but Dark Horse will be releasing omnibus editions of the Mirage and DH series' starting this October. These editions will be called The Usagi Yojimbo Saga and it looks as though each book will collect roughly 3 of the previously released DH TPBs.

Not sure if anyone has seen the news but Dark Horse will be releasing omnibus editions of the Mirage and DH series' starting this October. These editions will be called The Usagi Yojimbo Saga and it looks as though each book will collect roughly 3 of the previously released DH TPBs.

I really need to look into these.

Thanks for posting this, Ryan!

:applause:

I really need to look into these.

Thanks for posting this, Ryan!

:applause:

Sweet!

Being that its a very low print run of 2,000 & having a bit tie in history with TMNT this book will forever be in high demand ! plus there is no reprint of this book. So that's why many collectors pay high amounts of money to get one ! Looking forward on seeing these two beauties soon (thumbs u

I see the tmnt angle, that makes sense, yes I'll take a picture not sure if I'm going to sell one or both but will still show when I get them back

If you get the chance, read the collected editions and you will get a feel for why Usagi Yojimbo has such a loyal fan base. Especially the early work where Sakai utilized anthropomorphic characters to tell the stories of feudal Japan. I always felt it was a better way to convey the events of Japanese history without having to go overboard with the brutal details of the Samurai.

Libraries will have the books in the youth section, as I first checked out the collected works when living in Colorado. Then wanting to read them again last year, I found the collected works in my local Virginia library. The ones in Colorado noted the Parent's Choice Award being issued for the history and method of storytelling.

i'm a fan, however, something has changed recently as the book's prices have been spiking up, a cgc 8.5 went for 1200? a raw book listed as nm/mt that looked like a vf raw for over 1200, the character has not changed in the past few months but the market is repricing his books?

i'm a fan, however, something has changed recently as the book's prices have been spiking up, a cgc 8.5 went for 1200? a raw book listed as nm/mt that looked like a vf raw for over 1200, the character has not changed in the past few months but the market is repricing his books?

Snowball Effect for many Copper books (or maybe Avalanche Effect would be more apropos for the current marketplace). I'm thinking people are seeing sudden spikes in a lot of their sentimental books from the 80s / 90s, so perhaps they are now rushing out to grab the keys they've always wanted from that era before they miss the boat forever. I know that's why I recently bought an Albedo 2 at a premium price. Now or never I figured. Seeing prices on books like ASM 300, Batman Adventures 12, the immense popularity of New Mutants 98, New Mutants 87, Longshot 1, Teen Titans 44.... Seems every month or so, another book from that era starts surging in price. Books I never would have imagine would hit the prices they are today. Walking Dead might have dulled collector's resistance to what was previously considered "crazy" price levels for books from the last 30 years. I swore I'd never pay $500 for an ASM 300. Now I'd probably jump on one if I found it for $750-800. I just purchased a NM 87 last week because of this thought process. And I'm sure there will be others soon....

Snowball Effect for many Copper books (or maybe Avalanche Effect would be more apropos for the current marketplace). I'm thinking people are seeing sudden spikes in a lot of their sentimental books from the 80s / 90s, so perhaps they are now rushing out to grab the keys they've always wanted from that era before they miss the boat forever. I know that's why I recently bought an Albedo 2 at a premium price. Now or never I figured. Seeing prices on books like ASM 300, Batman Adventures 12, the immense popularity of New Mutants 98, New Mutants 87, Longshot 1, Teen Titans 44.... Seems every month or so, another book from that era starts surging in price. Books I never would have imagine would hit the prices they are today. Walking Dead might have dulled collector's resistance to what was previously considered "crazy" price levels for books from the last 30 years. I swore I'd never pay $500 for an ASM 300. Now I'd probably jump on one if I found it for $750-800. I just purchased a NM 87 last week because of this thought process. And I'm sure there will be others soon....

This seems to be the case with many books. Prices on books that only five to six months ago were much lower. Yet spiking due to rumors, assumptions and speculation.

Heck. I've been speculating on Mongul's 1st appearance for a short while due to his Superman past history and Jim Starlin creative involvement (along with Len Wein). All of sudden the book went from $3-$7 to $40-$49 for NM examples. Yet I am not seeing any huge news on related to this character to drive that spike. I may have missed something, though.

Crazy that four years ago, there were some really low prices on Albedo 2's in CGC 9.2 condition. You won't see that now.

Crazy that four years ago, there were some really low prices on Albedo 2's in CGC 9.2 condition. You won't see that now.

Wish I would have come across one at that time. . .

Wish I would have come across one at that time. . .

Me too.

:grin:

just heard the books shipped out friday registered mail, should get them by the end of the week?, on the phone they said they are both 9.6's :), going to be tough keeping these if the prices keep going crazy, will post them when i get them

I've only had one chance to pick one up in the wild, about 8 years ago at a garage sale. Guy wanted $600 for it ($400 would have gotten it) - passed. (shrug) Probably a solid 9.0.

I've only had one chance to pick one up in the wild, about 8 years ago at a garage sale. Guy wanted $600 for it ($400 would have gotten it) - passed. (shrug) Probably a solid 9.0.

Now that is a shame. It is a tough book to track down in nice condition. Lower grade examples show up on Ebay from time to time. But even those, not that frequently.

Now that is a shame. It is a tough book to track down in nice condition. Lower grade examples show up on Ebay from time to time. But even those, not that frequently.

Yeah, that's the lesson about pulling the trigger when the time is right. Regrets are often more painful.

just heard the books shipped out friday registered mail, should get them by the end of the week?, on the phone they said they are both 9.6's :), going to be tough keeping these if the prices keep going crazy, will post them when i get them

:o:o

(worship)(worship)

You're right. The one I bought is the only one I've ever seen. . .