• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #1 & #2 Club
5 5

439 posts in this topic

I bought them raw from Metro and ebay. The second print was listed as a 9.4 by Metro. I think they may need to reevaluate their grading system. On the flipside I bought the first print as a Fine and it came back an 8.0 so I guess that evens out.

For those that are Albedo die hards... you'll know what this is...

Huzzah1_front_zpse4c0c4d8.jpg

For those that don't... this may give you a hint...

Huzzah1_EF1_zps565694e1.jpg

Huzzah1_EF2_zps5316ccb0.jpg

Huzzah1_EF3_zpsc0cabc97.jpg

Huzzah1_EF4_zpsad0b1231.jpg

Huzzah #1,published with a June 1979 cover date was the actual first appearance of Erma Felna by Steve Gallacci. So, in reality, this was the book that started it all!

I've been looking for this book for 30 years now. Proved harder to find than the infamous Albedo #0 Yellow edition, but now my early Albedo collection is complete!

Fantastic artwork! I just loved how simple the backgrounds were in these stories, yet with enough details to help tell the story.

Wonderful find!

:applause:

agreed! I wouldn't have liked that artwork as a kid but as an adult I liked both the art and the story. Was "part two" ever published? I don't think that story continued right into Albedo did it?

Boy SG sure needed a spellchecker though! :insane:

For those that are Albedo die hards... you'll know what this is...

Huzzah1_front_zpse4c0c4d8.jpg

For those that don't... this may give you a hint...

Huzzah1_EF1_zps565694e1.jpg

Huzzah1_EF2_zps5316ccb0.jpg

Huzzah1_EF3_zpsc0cabc97.jpg

Huzzah1_EF4_zpsad0b1231.jpg

Huzzah #1,published with a June 1979 cover date was the actual first appearance of Erma Felna by Steve Gallacci. So, in reality, this was the book that started it all!

I've been looking for this book for 30 years now. Proved harder to find than the infamous Albedo #0 Yellow edition, but now my early Albedo collection is complete!

Fantastic artwork! I just loved how simple the backgrounds were in these stories, yet with enough details to help tell the story.

Wonderful find!

:applause:

agreed! I wouldn't have liked that artwork as a kid but as an adult I liked both the art and the story. Was "part two" ever published? I don't think that story continued right into Albedo did it?

Boy SG sure needed a spellchecker though! :insane:

400 copies printed for Huzzah. Still is a big grail for me.. Alongside Vootie #8 & 9

400 copies printed for Huzzah. Still is a big grail for me.. Alongside Vootie #8 & 9

1st Omaha in a fanzine?

There was a dealer on Ebay selling a full set of Vootie for something like $500 last year. I forgot if that listing sold or not.

1st Omaha in a fanzine?

There was a dealer on Ebay selling a full set of Vootie for something like $500 last year. I forgot if that listing sold or not.

Yes indeed. Vootie is probably the rarest anthropomorphic and the one that really started it all. Before Huzzah even. I believe those had a print run of 80 copies each.

Nice looking 8.0 copy. Any copies are nice! You can't find this book anywhere right now besides the lone 9.8 on feebay. To be honest I think that book will deserve that price at somepoint, much harder book to find in high grade or any copy then TMNT 1.

7 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

Nice looking 8.0 copy. Any copies are nice! You can't find this book anywhere right now besides the lone 9.8 on feebay. To be honest I think that book will deserve that price at somepoint, much harder book to find in high grade or any copy then TMNT 1.

Thank you!  I am very happy with it.  You’re absolutely right in saying,”any copies are nice”.  Definitely a tough book to find, especially now.