• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #1 & #2 Club
5 5

439 posts in this topic

Technically, not a member of the club.  But found this in a box looking for something else today, and thought it was worth showing.  Pity about the foxing, but this was a dollar bin or less pick up several years ago.  Stated 2nd printing on last page, appears to be signed on the IFC by Gallacci, signature dated '85.  I figured people here might find it interesting anyway:

Now that I think about it, if there was ever a book where foxing would be appropriate Albedo would be the one...

Albedo 0.jpg

On 8/10/2020 at 2:18 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

New sale, CGC 9.2 which I believe sold for somewhere from $7500-$8K. Not sure what the agreed price was, but was somewhere in that range. Considering before the craze happened a 9.4 sold for $6100, this is pretty damn solid!

17FF1CC5-9310-4A69-87F3-4DE6CAD26F7E.jpeg

Your right 7500. With taxes and insurance 8400!

On 7/10/2020 at 10:09 AM, david20009 said:

Turns out my expectations were correct and this copy sold for a bit less than the last. Three of the 10 CGC 9.8 copies trading hands in less than 14 months is a lot of the market to absorb. Also I do not think this is the type of book you sell at Heritage. It is a ComicLink type of book. I think Heritage is better for golden age while ComicLink has the customer base that follow silver age to copper age.

In any event $31,000 (May 28, 2020) to $22,750 (May 27, 2020) to $19,800 (July 9, 2020).

Hopefully the next 9.8 will not come up for sale for another year or two so things can start trending upwards again.

And the 9.8 Signature series sold for $28,800 (Sept 10, 2020)

On 8/15/2020 at 3:13 PM, Wolverinex said:
On 8/15/2020 at 8:11 AM, Silver said:

I had a copy of #2 I bought new that I traded a couple years later when it first got hot....😭

What did u trade it for?

On 8/15/2020 at 3:33 PM, Silver said:

I’m too embarrassed to say

No need at all to be embarrassed as I am quite sure that Rob Liefeld and his anatomically well drawn books will become popular and hot again one of these decades.  :baiting:

Or probably not.  :cry:

6 minutes ago, ghn999 said:

That's about a $1000 decrease from the last 9.2, but still decent for the seller. It's a lowly looking 9.2 as well. I could easily see this book in a 9.0 holder. CGC sometimes grades this book, along with turtles one lighlty. I suppose it's due to the black cover and type of paper used. You never quite know what you're going to get.  

I was just looking at my copy yesterday. I love this book. The cover is so subtle, yet so demonstrative! Usagi can give you so much with just one look. 

7 hours ago, ghn999 said:

I saw that.  It was a very weak 9.2, at least from a presentation perspective.  There are 8.0s that present better than that book.  I was trying to figure out how it was in a 9.2 case.  I would not have touched it.