• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Comic Resold on Ebay One Year Later

77 posts in this topic

What was the name of the scammer? There is a well known scammer in Germany who has a long history of thievery. His name is Wilhelm Uthe

Sigh. Didn't he go to prison at some point?

What a Deutschbag.

This situation kind of, sort of makes an argument for eBay's 'Global Shipping' program (which I am learning to hate).... Or for not selling internationally at all...

JOSH ABDORF ALERT!!!!!!!!! MARCH 17TH,2016 AT IT AGAIN ON EBAY UNDER MC-MURPH68

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM MC-MURPH68 ON EBAY!!!!!!!

AKA: JOSH ABDORF AKA: WILHEIM UTHE AKA: SASCHA RETTIG AKA:UTE ABDORF

These are the names of all the people and loved ones this guy is willing to put at risk to steal our money and/or books. If anyone can help me find this guy, I would pay to do so.

ON MARCH 17TH, 2016 I TOO HAD TO FILE A CLAIM ON THIS INDIVIDUAL. HE SOLD ME A $300 BOOK, AND WOULD NOT SEND TRACKING NUMBER, OR REFUND. WHEN I TRIED TO HAVE EBAY CANCEL, THEY CLAIMED I HAD TO WAIT, I DID... EXCEPT THE PACKAGE CAME EMPTY.

MY VERY CLOSE FRIEND JUST HAD THE LOCAL POLICE JUST CALL HIM BACK ON A CASE IDENTICAL TO YOURS. CALL THE POLICE FILE A SIMPLE REPORT and ask them if there is anything OK can do.....

YOURS TRULY.... THE PUNISHER.

Wilhelm Uthe is the worst-of-the-worst as far as international comic book thievery goes - he's been doing this for at least 35 years (started way back in the old days with ads in CBG by sending out counterfeit money orders).

Ebay has become the "Happy Hunting Ground" for him, I would never - ever - do any sort of comic book transaction with anyone in Germany because of this one individual_without_enough_empathy.

Wilhelm Uthe is the worst-of-the-worst as far as international comic book thievery goes - he's been doing this for at least 35 years (started way back in the old days with ads in CBG by sending out counterfeit money orders).

Ebay has become the "Happy Hunting Ground" for him, I would never - ever - do any sort of comic book transaction with anyone in Germany because of this one individual_without_enough_empathy.

You discriminate against a whole race of people because you know of one bad apple?

I think he's more afraid the dude has several aliases so he just doesn't want to risk any transactions with that country.

I think he's more afraid the dude has several aliases so he just doesn't want to risk any transactions with that country.

Bingo - Uthe has hundreds of alias and he moves around a lot. There's no telling who is who, the risk is too high.

Bingo - Uthe has hundreds of alias and he moves around a lot. There's no telling who is who, the risk is too high.

He may be smart and smarter everyday. Makes sure that you insure it before it goes to Germany.

JOSH ABDORF ALERT!!!!!!!!! MARCH 17TH,2016 AT IT AGAIN ON EBAY UNDER MC-MURPH68

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM MC-MURPH68 ON EBAY!!!!!!!

AKA: JOSH ABDORF AKA: WILHEIM UTHE AKA: SASCHA RETTIG AKA:UTE ABDORF

These are the names of all the people and loved ones this guy is willing to put at risk to steal our money and/or books. If anyone can help me find this guy, I would pay to do so.

ON MARCH 17TH, 2016 I TOO HAD TO FILE A CLAIM ON THIS INDIVIDUAL. HE SOLD ME A $300 BOOK, AND WOULD NOT SEND TRACKING NUMBER, OR REFUND. WHEN I TRIED TO HAVE EBAY CANCEL, THEY CLAIMED I HAD TO WAIT, I DID... EXCEPT THE PACKAGE CAME EMPTY.

MY VERY CLOSE FRIEND JUST HAD THE LOCAL POLICE JUST CALL HIM BACK ON A CASE IDENTICAL TO YOURS. CALL THE POLICE FILE A SIMPLE REPORT and ask them if there is anything OK can do.....

YOURS TRULY.... THE PUNISHER.

Because of the above post by Liaton-9000, I'm curious to know if the package looked like it was opened at some point before you got it?