• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of Comic Books Seen in Movies and Television Shows
11 11

571 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, EdMann2 said:

Looks like the Thor above Rom is this one, dated February 83:

Thor #328

...but above that is Blade Runner 1 (October 82), and in the next column over it looks like Thor 372 (October 86).  According to IMDB filming was done 6 August 1986 - 8 November 1986, so that would make sense.  Looks like just random early-mid 80s issues were used.

your picture did not show up

image.png.d4ce2b5549c74786d25693ac6c391b01.png

that was the impression I got as well.

Some film makers are super into the tiniest details. I think we saw that in the series "11-22-63", while others are simply going for a look and not picky-- plenty of examples of that in this thread.

Edited by 01TheDude

2 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

that was the impression I got as well.

Some film makers are super into the tiniest details. I think we saw that in the series "11-22-63", while others are simply going for a look and not picky-- plenty of examples of that in this thread.

From what I've read its the set designer that has a bunch of stuff or compiles as needed.  Like they might have a big box in their inventory that says 'male teenager bedroom-1950s'

1 minute ago, kav said:

From what I've read its the set designer that has a bunch of stuff or compiles as needed.  Like they might have a big box in their inventory that says 'male teenager bedroom-1950s'

sure-- but some directors get involved or push for something to be as authentic as possible to the point of OCD

I tend to find those movies to be the better ones often since that type of obsession over every aspect can truly add to the experience. Not that Robocop wasn't fun or that these minor details of what books are on a comic (really a magazine) rack are seen all that long typically.

Thanks for sharing the pic

Just now, 01TheDude said:

sure-- but some directors get involved or push for something to be as authentic as possible to the point of OCD

I tend to find those movies to be the better ones often since that type of obsession over every aspect can truly add to the experience. Not that Robocop wasn't fun or that these minor details of what books are on a comic (really a magazine) rack are seen all that long typically.

Thanks for sharing the pic

You got that right-James Cameron is very hands on making sure everything is just so.  He even left the phone message for Sarah Connor.  He'll be stirring the molten steel, adjusting costumes, everything.  

Not sure if these have been mentioned yet, but in Paul the title character can be seen going through a comic book rack of Spawn and various Image comics. Also in Superbad at the party that Jay and Seth are taken to by Frances there's a gigantic Spawn #22 poster behind the door of one of the bedrooms. Couldn't find any pics, sorry.

image.png.9c3c0e2892a5164bff5fc2fb70669a8f.png

See the source image

image.png.0b1bcf7f080549a537e94a2ec6c510b8.png

Edited by Skylath

5 minutes ago, mysterymachine said:

Here are some old Jimmy Olsen and Superman books from the Help! movie.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yx_7xjpySK0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some of my favorite DC books including fatal forecasts of Dr Zodiac in the Munkees pic!!

johnorgan.jpg

help6.jpg

5b01ecbfb79e090fe3d714edc82b2bed.jpg

78ff0b29df4756e2dc5e48b0ac88ad9b.jpg

Edited by kav

4 minutes ago, mysterymachine said:

Thanks! I spent ten minutes trying to post a crappy video and you have a library worth of photos!  Those are great pics by the way....

As a Curt Swan fan happy to see the Beatles were too.  All books except the GL were SWAN with SWAN interiors!

Edited by kav

10 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

image.thumb.png.28436882e282c1e297145e552a9af118.png

image.thumb.png.1701e6b7fe8180ef621854ae9d954ad2.png

From the recent season of Stranger Things 3, episode 4

I saw this last night and was going to post this I guess you beat me to it lol. only half way through stranger things season 3 hope to finish it this weekend. 

On 5/20/2019 at 7:45 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

catch.thumb.jpg.085f9c1ae37326859ca2e00f3b850176.jpg

Searched like crazy trying to figure what issue of Action this is. Red logo, white b/g ad on back-nothing.

Its driving me crazy.

Edited by kav