• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You have GOT to be kidding me...

16 posts in this topic

I've got a friend who plays CoH. He told me he was logged on the other day and one of the mods changed his characters name and costume. The character he was playing with was called Night Creeper and was a combination of Wolverine and Nightcrawler. Basically a teleporter with claws. I've never played the game but he tells me the CoH mods and creators make it difficult to do a direct ripoff of popular heroes.

You are right though. Marvel should leave CoH alone. It seems to me that anything that gets people interested in superheroes would trickle down to comic book companies in one way or another.

This could become a game inside a game...ripping off a Marvel character so obscure the mods don't realise it's a Marvel character (and chances are most people at "nu" Marvel wouldn't realise it either...but don't get me started on that)

The Blue Streak anyone ??

bluestreak.jpg

or Typeface

TypefaceHead.gif

or the awesome....Turner D. Century

tdc-corny.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Yes, this is just Marvel shooting themselves in the foot again. There are already Marvel boycotts underway on the various CoH message boards.

It is amazing to see a company that relies on Superhero fans &*%$ all over said fans, again and again...

One of our, (wife and me) toons, Name doesn't show in screenshot

Lynda Carter

lyndacarter.jpg

While we don't play often, we have never been given any greif over the toons we have, but I know others have. I expect them to change it if a CS ever sees her on.

PS.

It is a fun game, a little frustrating at times, but what isn't?

This is an incredibly stupid move and I play CoH and will be joining and dropping any new Marvel comics from my list. Big mistake here as this game has serious fan support.

200,000 subscribers and growing. Several are sending emails via Marvel's website:

Marvel Feedback

One example:

Subject: Your Lawsuit with NC Soft and Cryptic Studios...

Dear employees of Marvel. While searching over the web today, I found a very interesting article that states you are suing the makers and publishers of "City of Heroes" for copyright infringement. I felt it was necessary for me, as a loyal reader, to make you aware of how incredibly disappointed I am in your actions. By suing these companies, you are simply becoming "one of them". Your lawsuit has no merit and is felt by many that it is simply an attempt at a money grab.

I, in fact, am so outraged by your conduct around this matter, will no longer be purchasing your comics, toys, games, etc until the lawsuit is lifted. You are hurting your own reputation and fan base by this ridiculous act. Be assured I am not the only one that feels this way.

Please forward this E-Mail to your supervisor.

If Marvel makes an online superheroes game the COH people should sue Marvel for stealing their Idea!

I'm sure Marvels Version will have th eability to make your own heroe or will it be all Spideys or all Wolverines!

Okay, now SHE's gonna get me to drop my weapons and come out with something up... insane.gif

I've played a little of both CoH and the new X-men game for Xbox... both are cool in different ways. CoH couldn't sue Marvel or anyone else for the Xmen game. Marvel should not be suing CoH in this case. I hate it when the lawyers win! (No offense to our resident ambulance-chasers, of course wink.gif)

You know I would like to ba able to protest and stop buying Marvel Products but I alread did that..about 15 years ago when Marvel stopped having super heros and went to having barbie dolls with big guns. I hope that whole company folds. Buy DC...at least they still have some idea what a freaking superhero is supposed to be.