• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biggest OA Prices: The Blog

80 posts in this topic

Um, I don't rep Miller.

I'm not "putting large figures out for public consumption"

That would infer that I'm lying, or telling a half truth.

I stand by any information that I disclose to the public.

Whether you choose to believe me, or accept the price as gospel, is up to you. No skin off my teeth.

MI

I don't think anyone is accusing you of anything. They are just saying there is inherent bias.

I go back to the fact that ashrael is taking the time to update this for us, it is much appreciated at least by me, and however he chooses to do it is fine by me. Its not like this list is gospel, anyways.

If one really wanted to avoid the slippery slope, why not just list the source of the info for the private sale.

If I read 'Miller daredevil cover, sold for $125,000 cash per Mitch Itkowitz" I trust that 100%. Same with 'per' many trustworthy individuals.

If I read 'per Greggy' I know it was half trade in Strawberry Shortcake books :gossip:

That works for me.

It's better to have more data than less and if the private sales are clearly identified as such and attributed to the source then people can draw their own conclusions.

3 of the 4 private sales I had included in lists now have "[per XYZ yyyy-mm-dd]" included. Does anyone have any details on the Marvel Comics #1 page that reportedly sold for $125K in 2002?

And what covers and year were the DD covers sold for $125K?

Does anyone have any details on the Marvel Comics #1 page that reportedly sold for $125K in 2002?

Marvel Comics #1 Page

Though the Heritage description does get at least one fact incorrect as there is a page from Batman #1 out there also.

This is the same page that originally sold for $125K prior, the higher sale being when Parrino purchased it, and the Heritage sale being part of when he got out of comics.

Does anyone have any details on the Marvel Comics #1 page that reportedly sold for $125K in 2002?

Marvel Comics #1 Page

Though the Heritage description does get at least one fact incorrect as there is a page from Batman #1 out there also.

This is the same page that originally sold for $125K prior, the higher sale being when Parrino purchased it, and the Heritage sale being part of when he got out of comics.

Which page from Batman # 1 is floating out there ?

Marvel Comics #1 Page

What, you don't have the 1987 Guernsey's Auction catalogue on you? Mine's in storage, but I recall it having the Joker on it.

Marvel Comics #1 Page

What, you don't have the 1987 Guernsey's Auction catalogue on you? Mine's in storage, but I recall it having the Joker on it.

lol. no I dont have that one :(

Looking forward to hearing your interview Glen

You're gonna be a STAR !!!!! so jealous.

This one. First panel page with the Joker, and first Joker card.

(Not sure floating is the right word to use with it, it's pretty locked up in a collection.)

joker-batman01.jpg

Marvel Comics #1 Page

Thanks!

(Not sure floating is the right word to use with it, it's pretty locked up in a collection.)

joker-batman01.jpg

That is a cool page

joker-batman01.jpg

Does anyone have a pic?

Is this the catalog?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guernseys-World-Of-Forrest-J-Ackerman-Auction-1987-Horror-Science-Fiction-/261851404553?hash=item3cf78f5909

That's not the catalogue. And apologies: it's either the 1986 or 1987 Guernsey's comic artwork catalogue. They did two insane auctions back to back, with so many Little Nemos that I'm told the room ran out of money before the lots were exhausted. They're a great resource if you want to beat your head against the floor when you see what got sold for nothing.

This thread got me thinking and digging. Found the catalog in question and here is an image of the Batman 1 page that was for sale. Estimate was $9000-12000. LOTS of strip art and Glen was correct (enough Little Nemo's to choke a horse). Auction also sold Squeeze Play by Frazetta.

<a  href=IMG_5705_zps0cqdd3yk.jpg' alt='IMG_5705_

This thread got me thinking and digging. Found the catalog in question and here is an image of the Batman 1 page that was for sale. Estimate was $9000-12000. LOTS of strip art and Glen was correct (enough Little Nemo's to choke a horse). Auction also sold Squeeze Play by Frazetta.

<a  href=IMG_5705_zps0cqdd3yk.jpg' alt='IMG_5705_

Thank you for posting! You're my hero.

Tintin double panel page sold for 809.600 euros (fees included, about 650.000 otherwise)

Tintin for 809 600 euros

Another Tintin double page will be for sale next month at Artcurial, so it seems to be the right season to buy a Tintin page at a discount with all these pieces flooding the market. :insane:

Maybe if I ask all my friends to not bid on the next one, I can get it for pocket change. hm