• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

So, NM 98 is on my list of books to get. I've searched ebay and mycomicshop.com and for a graded copy i'm finding that there is no rhyme or reason to the pricing.

Obviously I want to pay as little as possible for the best possible grade, but the numbers are everywhere and I'm at a loss for what would be considerable $$ for a grade in the 9.0+ category.

so lets do this. I'll list by grade and you fill in the price you think is appropriate. Aaaaaand GO!

9.0 -

9.2 -

9.4 -

9.6 -

9.8 -

10! -

The GPA will tell all you need to know.

My personal feeling?

9.0 - $5

9.2 - $6

9.4 - $7

9.6 - $8

I think you see where this is going...

:D

-slym

lol, You're either not a fan, or you know a GREAT shop!

It really blows my mind how inflated some of these prices are. $400 for a 9.6? I haven't seen that on many copper or modern books. Hell, i've found some cool silver keys for way less. I don't get the hype.

I've searched ebay and mycomicshop.com and for a graded copy i'm finding that there is no rhyme or reason to the pricing.

Just an FYI... when you're researching a book... the actual sale prices are the only thing that matters.

Trying to find rhyme and reason in the asking prices (without bids, unsold) is a waste of time.

My personal feeling?

9.0 - $5

9.2 - $6

9.4 - $7

9.6 - $8

It really blows my mind how inflated some of these prices are. $400 for a 9.6? I haven't seen that on many copper or modern books. Hell, i've found some cool silver keys for way less. I don't get the hype.

Check out what I wrote already, emboldened this time.

:)

-slym

My personal feeling?

9.0 - $5

9.2 - $6

9.4 - $7

9.6 - $8

-slym

I got it, I was joking. Sarcasm doesn't come off well via typing. :ohnoez:

I've searched ebay and mycomicshop.com and for a graded copy i'm finding that there is no rhyme or reason to the pricing.

Just an FYI... when you're researching a book... the actual sale prices are the only thing that matters.

Trying to find rhyme and reason in the asking prices (without bids, unsold) is a waste of time.

I see what you mean, as in the BIN prices may be ridiculous but have not sold. Bu't I do look at the auctions and see people bidding very high for it.

I didn't know GPA was a thing, so i'm gonna check that out and use that as my baseline for assessing price in the future.

....I guess I can kill this thread now eh?

Thanks guys!

Gunnz

My personal feeling?

9.0 - $5

9.2 - $6

9.4 - $7

9.6 - $8

I got it, I was joking. Sarcasm doesn't come off well via typing. :ohnoez:

No worries.

-slym

I sold a NM raw today at a show to another dealer for $150. So there's that.

Now there's a valid baseline. :sumo:

Sounds more like a bad dealer to me. The other guy of course.

May I ask why?

Jim

I guess if you are the kind of buyer who wants to have it in your hands to to see the quality that's one thing. Plenty of NM to be had for under $150 online. The other thing I assumed was when he said he was a dealer I was thinking he was buying it for resale, which may not be true. I don't see any resale value there at $150. I guess if it's a 9.8 and gets slabbed, of course then.

May I ask why?

Jim

I guess if you are the kind of buyer who wants to have it in your hands to to see the quality that's one thing. Plenty of NM to be had for under $150 online. The other thing I assumed was when he said he was a dealer I was thinking he was buying it for resale, which may not be true. I don't see any resale value there at $150. I guess if it's a 9.8 and gets slabbed, of course then.

I was going to ask the same thing . . . and now I'm glad I didn't :screwy:lol

That's about where I was for a total of six copies over two shows.

Sounds about right then. Nothing better than actual market reports (much better than "feeBay sold" data). :sumo:

May I ask why?

Jim

See whereas me, I'd buy every copy on the planet for $150 that I could see in hand first and I'm pretty sure I'm not a bad dealer. Even if you left it raw, NM #98's sell at shows for $200-$225, in the highest grades, so a quick $50 if you have a customer looking for one doesn't make you a bad dealer.

Jim