• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

$825-$850 is the going rate. If you can find it cheaper then someone left something on the table imo.

Bigs

:popcorn:

New Mutants 98

$963.00 [31 bids]

6 hrs left...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251661202751?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What's crazy is that there are BINs out there for less...

Something don't sit right with that sale...

and he has an ASM 300 9.2 with 66 bids?? Really...

Low feedback bidder bid the book up from 800 to 933. Smells fishy.

That bidder was outbid by two zero feedback bidders :facepalm:

I'm guessing US $730.00 by the bidder with 499 feedback was the last legitimate bid...

Yes I would say we are definitely in the 800-900+ range for the time being. And the eBay auctions are starting to dry up a bit. It will be interesting to see if people start clicking any of those $995 buy it nows.

-J.

800-900?? There are multiple copies up for sale on these boards that are not selling at less than $800. This book is going to settle under $700 within the month.

We're a bunch of cheapasses here. Stuff routinely sits on the boards unsold and then fetches more money on ebay.

True-dat, true-dat. :grin:

True-dat...I find it harder and harder to convince myself to go through the effort of trying to sell on the boards...

$825-$850 is the going rate. If you can find it cheaper then someone left something on the table imo.

Bigs

New Mutants 98

$963.00 [31 bids]

6 hrs left...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251661202751?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm guessing US $730.00 by the bidder with 499 feedback was the last legitimate bid...

I would guess that your guess is right.

The ebay id seems familiar. hm

Bigs

New Mutants 98

$963.00 [31 bids]

6 hrs left...

Ontario Canada seller. Gotta be Roy.

Bigs

New Mutants 98

$963.00 [31 bids]

6 hrs left...

Ontario Canada seller. Gotta be Roy.

hm I thought his id was leather_clad_belieber

All this talk about that one obviously shilled ebay auction and everyone seems to have overlooked the 9.8 on comic link that closed at $850. Considering moderns are not remotely comic link's forte I would say that's a very solid result and consistent with the new current pricing for the book. (thumbs u

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3DNew%2Bmutants%2B98%26x%3D%2D15%26y%3D%2D697%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F1016347&id=1016347

-J.

All this talk about that one obviously shilled ebay auction and everyone seems to have overlooked the 9.8 on comic link that closed at $850. Considering moderns are not remotely comic link's forte I would say that's a very solid result and consistent with the new current pricing for the book. (thumbs u

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3DNew%2Bmutants%2B98%26x%3D%2D15%26y%3D%2D697%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F1016347&id=1016347

-J.

I don't think anyone is overlooking the actual sales and I'm pretty sure that everyones aware of the new pricing for the book.

I know I am; I just sold one here on the boards today for a price that is consistent with the comiclink sale when you consider there are no fees.

Is there a cable or x force announcement on the way or something ? NM 87's are disappearing at ever higher prices recently similar to the way NM 98 did right before the Deadpool movie announcement. Nothing ever seems to be coincidental in this hobby/business.

-J.

Is there a cable or x force announcement on the way or something ? NM 87's are disappearing at ever higher prices recently similar to the way NM 98 did right before the Deadpool movie announcement. Nothing ever seems to be coincidental in this hobby/business.

-J.

Nothing announced, but people now feel 'hey, it's only a matter of time, right?'

-J.

Either that, or enough people have seen the trend on multiple occasions to figure it will continue with other characters in the future. It's not a bad bet that Cable will show up on screen in a key role eventually .

Apocalypse and Cable are going to be tied together I think

Could be. Or he will show up in the Deadpool movie. Or maybe both ? (shrug) Either way some kind of announcement or something is probably inevitable if not imminent.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=New+mutants+87&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=1&LH_Sold=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=200&_udhi=10000000&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

-J.

This book was doing great for me...sold 11 copies ranging from 750 - 900! Talk about money in the bank!

Also, on a side note regarding NM 87...I have one en route to me from CGC that was a 1st print AND Double Cover, but the kicker is that both covers were 9.8s! :acclaim:

R_H