• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

“The Esposito Collection” on Comic Book Men

8 posts in this topic

I don't watch Comic Book Men but this week they had a guy come in with artwork from his uncle Mike Esposito. The art included a number of recreations including Flash #177 cover, the guy's aunt needed to raise money so they helped her auction the art thru Bodnar Auction (back in august). Final tally was $22K. Mike's recreations don't go for a lot but I think a number of winners got some good deals. Anyone else catch the episode?

I'd have enjoyed the experience. I worked in a comic shop back in college and it was always like Christmas when someone brought in their goodies to wade through. Not sure that Esposito had any of the Amazing Spidey stuff left, but I likely would have fallen over with glee.

I have some pieces from that auction that I got indirectly. The insufficiently_thoughtful_person auction house glued a post it to the back with the auction date and from the collection of Mike Esposito on it. I didn't realize it until recently when I was looking over the art (which I still need to try and id). I can't believe they would do this, but I have never had much respect for that place they just don't know jack about comics or toys...

James G