• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The numbers game!

582 posts in this topic

We did this in the silver age forum, and it started slowing down as we reached the upper 100's due to Marvel collector's not be able to participate, so I thought we could just reboot it here in general and have a little fun as an all comic ages game.

Here's how it's played:

The idea is to see how far we can go posting a different comic of each issue number.

The rules:

I will start by posting a number one.

1. Once a number is posted, no one else posts a comic of that number (comment or whatever on it as much as you want).

2. The Person who posted last comic can't post the next one.

3. No two issues of the same title in a row. If ASM #3 is posted, a different poster and a different title for #4. Person who posted ASM #3 can then post ASM #5 if he is first to post a five.

4. No limit to how many issues we post in a day.

5. Any company, any title, any comic age.

Theoretically we can get this well into the 700-800's or so.

I think this could be kind of fun to see how high we can go, will be interesting to see what number we end up on!

Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man, Daredevil, Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Conan, and I am sure I am missing some - all of these Marvel titles went beyond #200. I don't get how "it started slowing down as we reached the upper 100's due to Marvel collector's (sic) not be able to participate."

:shrug:

-slym

Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man, Daredevil, Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Conan, and I am sure I am missing some - all of these Marvel titles went beyond #200. I don't get how "it started slowing down as we reached the upper 100's due to Marvel collector's (sic) not be able to participate."

:shrug:

-slym

Not as part of the Silver Age, though.

We did this in the silver age forum, and it started slowing down as we reached the upper 100's due to Marvel collector's not be able to participate, so I thought we could just reboot it here in general and have a little fun as an all comic ages game.

Here's how it's played:

The idea is to see how far we can go posting a different comic of each issue number.

The rules:

I will start by posting a number one.

1. Once a number is posted, no one else posts a comic of that number (comment or whatever on it as much as you want).

2. The Person who posted last comic can't post the next one.

3. No two issues of the same title in a row. If ASM #3 is posted, a different poster and a different title for #4. Person who posted ASM #3 can then post ASM #5 if he is first to post a five.

4. No limit to how many issues we post in a day.

5. Any company, any title, any comic age.

Theoretically we can get this well into the 700-800's or so.

I think this could be kind of fun to see how high we can go, will be interesting to see what number we end up on!

Nice. (thumbs u

I always enjoy these.

jm1o.jpg

I copied several links of my nicer books, into one post and just delete all but the first one for each new picture.

Well, someone else is going to have to step up for a 12, I've run out of handy scans and would need to head to the basement otherwise. :)